Can this Digital Inverter be placed so close to boundary?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not my house, asking for a friend.

IMG_20200702_182649.jpg

Sponsored Links
If it is closer than 1m to the boundary then it requires planning permission i think. Technically it also needs pp unless it is only used for heating.

More than one meter from the boundary is a requirement.

A complaint of noise nuisance resulted in a unit being moved.

Here's a tale https://www.revk.uk/2018/07/air-conditioning-at-home-planning.html I suspect if this is pursued the complainer may not ultimately win, and bad-blood will be created. IMHO there are numerous legal ways a disgruntled neighbour can get revenge. Planting 30' bamboo down a boundary for one - totally outside any high hedge legislation as it is a grass and not covered. Live and let live is mostly best. How about a nice blind on that window? it's not as if the view without the aircon is that great!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is the 1m rule measured from where it is fixed, or from the closest part?

the wording i think is that no part can be within 1m so i think that means the part closest to the boundary

• Thanks
Reactions: JP_

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back