Can this work? Join Washbasin Waste Pipe with Bath Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

When I install the WC against the wall, the waste pipe from the washbasin will be in the way. I'm trying to reduce the amount of unnecessary / visible pipework anyway.

My question is: If I feed the washbasin waste pipe straight down and join onto the bath waste pipe, am I likely to get water coming up into the bath when emptying a sink full of water? If so, is there a valve-like product I can fit to the pipework to stop that happening?

IMG_20180718_152507.jpg
IMG_20180621_142440.jpg

Sponsored Links
Fit an anti vac trap on the basin to stop bath pulling basin trap, and fit a non return or HepVo valve on the bath waste before the basin joins it.

Just drop the basin waste and Tee into the bath waste. Very unlikely the basin would back fill into the bath from this arrangement unless there was a blockage downstream of the connection. Antivac trap on the basin a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Just drop the basin waste and Tee into the bath waste. Very unlikely the basin would back fill into the bath from this arrangement unless there was a blockage downstream of the connection. Antivac trap on the basin a good idea.
Use the wc pan connector and there is no very unlikely about it!

I'm going with Hugh Jaleak's suggestion because it reduces the visible pipework as per the original question. Thanks to everyone who answered, even if I didn't choose your solution, by showing me what all the other options are you helped me make a more informed decision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back