Can you pass? GCSE style questions.

Sponsored Links
evolution of education.jpg

A level pass students ( 2017 variety ) did not do well when presented with an O level paper ( 1974 variety ).

1970's a few subjects each taught in depth
2017 many subjects each not taught in depth.

Is that what GCSE questions have always been like - simply multiple choice questions (including some obviously wrong options)?

They were nothing like 'O' levels when I took them - just proper questions.

I got 9; made silly mistake not properly reading one.

Sponsored Links
Question no 5 is ambiguous and possibly wrong, as protein breakdown starts with saliva, which contains amylase and liptase enzymes.

8/10
Got the maths one wrong, (long time since I've used anything but basic arithmetic)
The religion one. As I am a pagan I don't believe in any 'God' so don't follow any teachings.

Otherwise not bad for a 63 year old in my opinion. :)

Could be anything you like I suppose.

'You could be considered a pagan if you don't believe in religion or you worship more than one god. The original pagans were followers of an ancient religion that worshiped several gods (polytheistic). Today, pagan is used to describe someone who doesn't go to synagogue, church, or mosque.'

'Pagan can also be used as a derogatory word for any non-Judeo/Christian/Islamic religion.'

Of course Christians adopted the Pagans mid winter festival and called it Christmas (n)

conny claims to not following any teachings. conny claims to be a pagan. Hilarious.

Why do you find it hilarious that someone chooses not to follow a recognised religious path?
If you are a Christian, (be it Roman Catholic/Protestant or whatever branch), do you find it hilarious to sneer at someone who follows a different path such as Buddhism, Hindu, Rastafarian or some other creed that does not worship your God. I also presume you have no knowledge of Paganism and, like a lot of others, think we 'worship' Satan and make blood sacrifices at the Solstice's.

So, very briefly, we do NOT worship anyone or anything, least of all something called God, Jesus, Christ, Satan, the Devil, Beelzebub or any other name you care to call this non-entity.
What we do is to 'Honour and respect' all things natural such humans, animals, insects in fact all living things be they mobile or inanimate such as shrubs, flowers, trees etc.
We do not pay homage to them but we try not to harm them and if we take something from the land to use or for food we try to give back by replacing. Nature is not ours to try and control but to use and replenish in a way that does least harm.

I imagine you are probably rolling around laughing at this. That is usually the way of someone that can't accept that Christianity is built on a foundation of Paganism beliefs. Someone further up this thread mentioned about Christians 'adopting' our mid winter festival which we refer to as Yule, or Yuletide. In our world it marks the beginning of shorter nights and longer days. The Christians made it a static date and called it Christmas. They also 'adopted' our spring festival called Eostre but changed it to Easter. Tell me where in the Christian faith Easter, which marks the crucifixion and alleged rise from the dead of your God, there is any mention of Easter chicks, bunnies or eggs? There is none! However, in the Pagan belief Eostre is the sign of spring when new life begins to take form. Rabbits and chicks are usually amongst the first to start being born and the eggs are connected to the chicks. This is where the popularity of Easter arose from and 'adopted' our customs.

Finally, if you research the Christian faith you will find all manner of signs that a vast amount of the celebrations are Pagan based. The Christian church attempted to totally obliterate Paganism because it can show that Christianity, as a religion, is totally false. It's rumoured that the Vatican is built on an ancient Pagan site and the vaults contain all manner of Pagan artefacts that, if they were to be opened up to the world, would totally discredit the Christian faith and lead to it's downfall.

If you want to know any more then I suggest you start your own research as I am not prepared to sit here night after night trying to 'convert' you.

Sponsored Links
Back