Cancel Sky

Sponsored Links
Check the cancel period if you are outside the contract period, its apparently 31 days notice and an email to [email protected]. terminating the contract should be acceptable.

And this is the reply I got from using that email

Screenshot_20221115-154516_Gmail.jpg

Don't you cancel via their online account app?
My$ky or summat... (I'm not a subscriber). Presumably you are registered with $ky for that?

Stick the phone numbers you have into https://www.saynoto0870.com/ and try one of those? 0800 1512747 may be customer services. Other numbers are 03xxx which are usually included on many call plans (like 01 and 02 numbers).

Write to them snail mail at Sky Subscribers Services Ltd, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD or another address provided on your Contract letter documents?

$ky's website certainly doesn't seem to provide much useful info on addresses (postal or email) and phone numbers to use though. Not even for potential new subscribers!

OK dont bother with Kodi etc, just get yourself a firestick or all new TV's will enable you to install an IPTV app. Then google IPTV and see a plethora of choice. Pick one and test it or just go for it, youll find you will pay about £5 a month for Sky EVERYTHING plust PPV just about every channel you can think of. I paid £60 for the year. Only downside is not so easy to record etc but for the savings ive made over ripoff sky its worth it. Let me know anyone if you want help setting it up.

Sponsored Links
OK dont bother with Kodi etc, just get yourself a firestick or all new TV's will enable you to install an IPTV app. Then google IPTV and see a plethora of choice. Pick one and test it or just go for it, youll find you will pay about £5 a month for Sky EVERYTHING plust PPV just about every channel you can think of. I paid £60 for the year. Only downside is not so easy to record etc but for the savings ive made over ripoff sky its worth it. Let me know anyone if you want help setting it up.
Festive, what addons are you currently using? On Kodi I’m using Crew and Asgard for films/TV and Rising tides and Sport HD for, well, live sport. Or are you just using a build? I’m subscribing to Nord VPN for the live feeds (just over a quid a month) and Real Debrid for the films/TV which costs just over two quid a month and is well worth it for buffer free feeds.

Using Kody on a firestick, or any other device, is illegal. Amazon no longer sell the doctored firesticks so you will have to do the doctoring yourself.
That's not correct. Some Kodi devices have had illicit streaming add-ons installed. Those break the law. Kodi itself is not illegal.

Flick me. Sky make it hard to jump ship. Has anyone tried recently ?

When I cancelled 7 years ago it took me an hour of them passing me from pillar to post, then eventually I got to a guy who was asking a ton of questions how I watch and what I watch, then asking about my family and what they watch and do I really want to cancel. I was nice and polite for a while, in the end I just said look mate I've been nice I've listened to your spiel, I'm not changing my mind you, I've recorded the whole conversation (I hadn't) you either cancel it now or pass me on to your manager who will cancel it, If not I'll just stop the direct debit and see you in court at sky's expenses. He cancelled it right away.

I've not bought cable/sky TV since, it's an obscene cost these days, it was close to £100 per month for broad band and TV, sky cinema package and hd content, and most the time if there wasn't anything to watch on 1 channel there wasn't anything on any channel

Virgin called today. They can do me 275mbps Internet speed plus land line:
£33 per month @18 month contract.

No TV. Plus they said that they will cancel Sky for me.

Seems good to me but I'm a bit suspicious of all these companies.

Me too.

I had a customer who wanted to cancel Sky years ago and she was telling me what she had to do.
In the end, she cancelled her DD, and when it failed to go through they rang her. She managed to cancel it then, but had to pay by card over the phone for the notice period.

That put me off so I never had Sky.

Me too.

I had a customer who wanted to cancel Sky years ago and she was telling me what she had to do.
In the end, she cancelled her DD, and when it failed to go through they rang her. She managed to cancel it then, but had to pay by card over the phone for the notice period.

That put me off so I never had Sky.

Maybe I'm jumping out of the frying pan into the fire

Virgin called today. They can do me 275mbps Internet speed plus land line:
£33 per month @18 month contract.

No TV. Plus they said that they will cancel Sky for me.

Seems good to me but I'm a bit suspicious of all these companies.
I don't have any problem with my 80mbps connection with Vodafone at 20 quid a month.

I don't have any problem with my 80mbps connection with Vodafone at 20 quid a month.
Same here although I only get 55Mbps which is more than enough for us.
We just have Vodafone broadband and line, all calls are made on our mobiles as we have unlimited calls for £6 a month. I have Amazon prime mainly for quick delivery and I do watch the odd programme on there but there’s nothing I can’t get on my Firestick. I'm not going to renew my yearly membership when it expires. We share our daughters Netflix account, she shares our Prime. Again, I can get any Netflix content plus Apple TV+ on the stick. Anything else such as films, live Saturday afternoon football and Formula 1 plus any PPV boxing matches, I watch on the Firestick. That costs me less than £4 a month for a premium streaming service and a VPN.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back