Cancellations...

According to a bloke from the FA on the news this morning they couldn't take the risk that the minute silence would be disrespected and football would end up be all over the news for the wrong reasons.

Sponsored Links
No. They can be unpaid and in addition to statutory holidays.

As per the government rules already stated above:

Bank holidays​

Bank or public holidays do not have to be given as paid leave.
Sorry, can’t break it down any simpler for you. In other words the worker has a right to have this bank holiday and the company have a right not to pay them for it.
The employer:

• can include bank and public holidays as part of the statutory entitlement
  • can choose to round up the holiday entitlement, but cannot round it down
  • must provide holiday pay during the statutory leave
  • can provide more paid holiday - this will be in the employment contract and is called ‘contractual leave entitlement’

Does that help ?

Football League fixtures are to be played in midweek.
Although a full league programme went ahead after the death of King George VI in 1952: black armbands, a minutes silence, then play on... different times.
Although i was amused to read of a letter written by George Bernard Shaw to the Times* upon the notice of Queen Victoria's death; complaining about excessive emotion displayed the general public - Lord knows what the old curmudgeon would think about us these days.

*It was never published - like the link i asked Wellyfish for this morning. :p

This is the direct link to the survey.

This is the link to the Yougov monarchy survey page.

The employer:

• can include bank and public holidays as part of the statutory entitlement
  • can choose to round up the holiday entitlement, but cannot round it down
  • must provide holiday pay during the statutory leave
  • can provide more paid holiday - this will be in the employment contract and is called ‘contractual leave entitlement’

Does that help ?
Not at all. You said that employers are obliged to pay for bank holidays. They aren’t. You know it. It’s law. I’ve shown you where. Give up. I’m not wasting any more of my time explaining it to you.

Sponsored Links
No, it’s not. Some companies give the statutory holiday entitlement PLUS bank holidays. They don’t have to. The majority of companies give you the statutory holiday entitlement INCLUSIVE of bank holidays which they are allowed to do. I’ve told you before, stop trying to tell everyone about businessy things - you don’t have a clue.
Don't have a clue?

I don't think we'll be taking lectures from a spiv!

I wonder if any royalist would get upset if they were to be caught up in this lot of cancellations/postponements?

"Patients across the UK have had hospital appointments cancelled due to the bank holiday to mark the Queen's funeral.

Queen Elizabeth II's funeral will take place on Monday September 19 - which has been declared a bank holiday.

Several NHS Trusts have said that some non-urgent procedures and clinic appointments are to be postponed with King's College Hospital stating this would be the 'vast majority'."

So the waiting lists will grow again...

Rather ironic since it's due to a funeral !

It’s always been a monarchy and always will b
Actually, it's only been a monarchy since the Germans invaded. It wasn't a monarchy before Rome invaded, during the Roman occupation, or during the dark ages after they left us to rebuild. It's a relatively new form of management, designed to take wealth from the people to ensure they can never afford an uprising. Create a network of 'noblemen' in castles that tax the peasants to maintain an army to suppress the peasants.

Long live the King!

Not at all. You said that employers are obliged to pay for bank holidays. They aren’t. You know it. It’s law. I’ve shown you where. Give up. I’m not wasting any more of my time explaining it to you.
Ever run a business ?

You say you have, so you should understand it.

But regardless if it is paid or not. Time off = no productivity = a cost = expensive

my understanding on bank holidays ??
yes you must comply with the law -----bbbuuuttt
you can sign you rights away as in comp days or part off the working week with no enhanced rates but part off your overall package --in other words an opt out you choose as part off an agreed package by negotiation
but many many years since i was involved with any negotiations so probably far worse now with this shower off union haters in power :rolleyes:
:cry:

Ever run a business ?

You say you have, so you should understand it.

But regardless if it is paid or not. Time off = no productivity = a cost = expensive
Yeah. They call that a business expense. You have to absorb it into your overheads. Damn staff eh? :unsure:

Actually, it's only been a monarchy since the Germans invaded. It wasn't a monarchy before Rome invaded, during the Roman occupation, or during the dark ages after they left us to rebuild. It's a relatively new form of management, designed to take wealth from the people to ensure they can never afford an uprising. Create a network of 'noblemen' in castles that tax the peasants to maintain an army to suppress the peasants.

Long live the King!
I suppose, to be accurate UK was split into smaller 'monarchies.
Although the actual boundaries were subject to a little movement this way and that, including raiding parties into each 'kingdom', these kingdoms remained relatively static for hundreds of years.
The eventual amalgamations into one large monarchy was due to diplomacy, scheming, intermarrying and conquests.

Yeah. They call that a business expense. You have to absorb it into your overheads. Damn staff eh? :unsure:
They're also called fixed costs, and payable whether the business is operating or not.

I wonder if any royalist would get upset if they were to be caught up in this lot of cancellations/postponements?

"Patients across the UK have had hospital appointments cancelled due to the bank holiday to mark the Queen's funeral.

Queen Elizabeth II's funeral will take place on Monday September 19 - which has been declared a bank holiday.

Several NHS Trusts have said that some non-urgent procedures and clinic appointments are to be postponed with King's College Hospital stating this would be the 'vast majority'."

Will your 'medic' sons be taking the day off?

"Covid vaccination services, particularly in care homes, are being asked to continue"

I can see why you are peeved. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back