Capercallie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today me and my granda roughcaster went to boat of garten osprey center. We seen a capercallie which are very very rare it was amazing to see it everyone went mental when we found out it was there. It was a lovley bird. has enyone else seen one????

Sponsored Links
Thats lovly innit. Omg, wha a grate bird. Thay r soo funy whan thay mate!

Can't say I have youngroughcaster, unfortunately the area were I am living, was recently victim of the dry conditions over the spring and as a result there has been a lot of moorland fires.
Which has effected the wildlife in the area greatly.
But I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed you day and the sight of an ever decreasing rare bird.

Sponsored Links
Yeah i've been a birdspotter since i was a kid, and a capercallie is the sort of bird that sticks in your mind (from the striking pictures in books), but you know you'll never see one. Similar to the hoopoe - although i went to Tunisia 15 years ago, and i'm convinced i saw one fly off from the side of the road when i went past on a bus...... but i'll never know for sure.. :cry:

Interestingly, i forgot to mention,... i did see a black grouse at the top of Kinder in the Peak District last month... and they are quite similar?

They aren't that hard to spot...I've seen one.

It was on British Isles a natural history, presented by Alan Titchmarsh.

I saw a stoat tussling with a wee bunny rabbit in the middle of the road today. When my car got really close, the bunny got away and disappeared on the left side of the road whilst the stoat disappeared to the right. I've watched stoats hunting rabbits before and they usually get them.

ROFL

Sometimes, in part of a forest where
there are not many other male birds, a
capercaillie will attack anything that it
sees as a threat including people, other
animals or even cars.

And its 86cm or so tall!!

Today me and my granda roughcaster went to boat of garten osprey center. We seen a capercallie which are very very rare it was amazing to see it everyone went mental when we found out it was there. It was a lovley bird. has anyone else seen one????

Yep,, me and the young fella had a great day.
Apart from the Capercallie, (which was an un-expected bonus), we also saw a family of nesting Ospreys, with a live webam rigged up discretely, overlooking the nest. The Loch Garten Osprey Centre is run by the RSPB, and attracts many thousands of people every year, who come to this beautiful, peaceful location, to observe the rare wildlife etc, that is so abundant there.

Alarm said:
To the top secret base.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: But whose? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's the problem with secret bases. When you order something on-line, they want a delivery address but all you can put is "Unknown". :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not surprisingly, a lot of stuff doesn't arrive though we do get things we never ordered: some kryptonite, a beryllium sphere, a box marked "DO NOT OPEN" --- :eek: :eek: :eek:

Meanwhile, if anybody has received a large quantity of kat-lit by mistake, PLEASE send it on! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Sponsored Links
Back