Car is UNDERheating , temperature gauge reading stays very low, why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know for sure if it's a fault with the brake master cylinder or servo

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We're off on a tangent here.....a master cylinder replacement is only needed if it is leaking and the servo is fine so far as we know.
It's not a good idea to use a second hand master cylinder.
John :)

And who will be doing the work?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Well I removed it and it was relatively easy, so now that I know what I'm doing it'll be quicker when I do the job on the car. Hardest part is say was lack of clearance getting the brake servo out

We're off on a tangent here.....a master cylinder replacement is only needed if it is leaking and the servo is fine so far as we know.
It's not a good idea to use a second hand master cylinder.

I was told yesterday the master cylinder and servo need be replaced. Not sure if he correctly diagnosed it or not
When you say it's not a good idea taking it off the car what did you mean ? I took it off a petrol Vectra had the same code on brake servo and euro car parts show same master cylinder for my diesel car and the petrol car it came off so must be the same. There was a diesel car next to it the same engine as mine but brake reservoir level was low so I decided to get it from petrol car next to it as the brake fluid was full which suggests it had a good braking system .

You need a new hobby instead of counting pages
You DEFINITELY need a new hobby.

786E35FA-3F98-4126-ADA0-FF5A15AE9289.gif

So look into the old servo, turn it upside down to see if any fluid runs out.
Look at the end of the master cylinder to see if it's dry too. If you remove the master cylinder from your car, prepare for some heavy duty brake bleeding as you will have disturbed four brake pipes.

So look into the old servo, turn it upside down to see if any fluid runs out.
Look at the end of the master cylinder to see if it's dry too. If you remove the master cylinder from your car, prepare for some heavy duty brake bleeding as you will have disturbed four brake pipes.

I'll check that once it is off of my car. How is the master cylinder separated from the servo ?

I understand it'll need bleeding, I have bled brakes when replacing the calipers so I assume it's just need bleeding for longer ? I hear a lot about bench bleed the master cylinder whatever that is ?

Thanks as always

The master cylinder just unbolts from the servo, and pulls away....it's here you can see if it's been leaking from the end.
Undoing the 4 brake pipes will likely let a tiny bit of air in, and that has to be bled away. It's an essential chore and a Gunson's Easi-bleed system is great for this, together with at least a litre of fluid.
We still can't be absolutely convinced that there is no leak from the pipe above the fuel tank and I'd certainly check that out before going any further.

Jesus wept...........................................you've bought second hand parts for BRAKES???????????????????

Utter Madness!

Andy

Last edited:
Jesus wept...........................................you've bought second hand parts for BRAKES???????????????????

Utter Madness!

Yes I'm a troll I have nothing better to do I'm so sad

Andy

Yes, it's a brake servo and master cylinder which is acceptable to fit other than brand new, it's not however acceptable to replace used brake pads or discs as they must always be new when replaced

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You have not got a clue, you are on several sites asking how to fix this 'car', doing your own brakes when you haven't got a clue is not a sensible thing to do.

But crack on, (i'm sure there is a site with you on doing that!!) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rightboy91, You have done very well at all the repairs you've done such as wheel bearings, radiators, brake discs pads calipers belts pulleys suspensions exhausts and it's great you've not had any issues from any of the work.youve carried out yourself on the car you did a great job Rightboy91, keep it up

Andy

Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back