Car Theft And Trackers

Sponsored Links
If a tracker can be fitted it can be removed.

I’d hate to be a Range Rover owner now. My mate bought one, went to get it insured before collecting it and the quote was 12k. He got his money back and bought an Audi.
Could it be £500 for the insurance and £11,500 to cover the breakdown?

Only ever hear bad things about their reliability and they will refuse a warranty claim if you don’t strictly adhere to the servicing.

I know people who get £20k bills when the engine blows up and they are 2k over the oil change requirement.

Could it be £500 for the insurance and £11,500 to cover the breakdown?

Only ever hear bad things about their reliability and they will refuse a warranty claim if you don’t strictly adhere to the servicing.

I know people who get £20k bills when the engine blows up and they are 2k over the oil change requirement.
I’ve heard horror stories too! Probably why they get stolen for parts now.

Sponsored Links
As always though its the lowest hanging fruit. Keeping your car away from prying eyes in a secure alarmed garage, door sensors/pir sensors connected to your phone and alarm, plus a smoke canister activation in the garage if those layers are compromised, along with wheel clamp and maybe the mother in-law in the passenger seat.

Jaysus! You in Liverpool?

Afaik lane rovor / range rovors are the most pinched cars in the UK

Some one said most of the panels ect advertised on eBay ect are probably pinched

Afaik land rovors are easy to strip
Down as they are all bolt on panels
????

Have battery isolaters on keys on my cars 2 on each car

Plus fuel pump iso switches in hidden locations

Older petrol cars

take the coil to distributor HT lead off

Don’t forget though ( like I did ) had a basil fawlty moment one morning
Till I realised what I done

Have battery isolaters on keys on my cars 2 on each car

Plus fuel pump iso switches in hidden locations

Older petrol cars

take the coil to distributor HT lead off

Don’t forget though ( like I did ) had a basil fawlty moment one morning
Till I realised what I done
A very clever trick I saw on an older convertible

Battery lead was split. One cable straight through a concealed switch. The other went through a concealed 30A (or something) fuse.

Car would run on the fused cable, accessories worked fine

But if you tried to start it, Starter motor current would blow the concealed fuse.

Sponsored Links
Back