carillion

E

EddieM

so Carillion allegedly owe various banks £900m and they are asking for government guarantees. Really? It appears nothing has been learnt post 2007.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Seems they took on a few contracts that went sour. Bid too low to get the business, presumably.

Should be forced into administration.

As should RBS have been. Northern Rock fell, why save RBS and not them?

Should be forced into administration

Morally yes, but it'll knock confidence horrendously, and cause a bad cascade effect, so I'd try and rescue it, but delicately.

I think after Northern Rock went, RBS would have started a rout, but there's an argument that it would have been better in hind sight to let it flounder.

Just got all my tools back off site. I've been on a Carillion job since last April. Now need to look about for work. Should have been busy until at least 2019.

In all honesty I'm not surprised they've gone under. They put the blame on bad contracts but I say it's bad management. I've never known a firm like it for wasting time and money on bad management, even at site level. Dread to think what kind of a mess head office has been running with.

A lot of people have confirmed your view of top management, but I didn't know it went that far down, but that's big sprawling businesses for you.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Jobs for the boys sums it up. Too many cooks is another way of looking at it. At one point there were more managers on my site than men on tools.

We're owed for December which was a short month anyway. Was meant to start a drawing this morning on a price, luckily I hadn't struck a blow by time the news came in. I'm sure I'll be back in work soon enough.

Just comes at a bad time of the year. Just had three weeks off in December and Jan.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tory mantra of Privatisation. Started in the 80's with social housing direct labour outed. Yet another pension black hole. :( Won't be long before we join Don's list of ****hole countries.

Last edited:
What do you mean, won't be long before we join Dons list; we're already on it, but we hide it well.

But come on Nige, let's be honest here. You either get a badly run Labour nationalised company, or a badly run Tory Privatised company.

The nationalised co. would spank the pants off the privatised co.

Look at the railways.

Rubbish service all-round (disrupted journeys, poor timekeeping, astronomical fares that go even higher every year, overcrowding, poor facilities, no buffet, heating and toilet facilities) which you pay through the nose for.

Sponsored Links
Back