Worcester Greenstar 15RI - boiler overrun query

Hi
I have been reading about this problem with pump overrun and i think that
i have the same problem with my greenstar 24RI.I noticed tonight that when the boiler shut down that it is kettling and also the blue indicator light on the front of the boiler was flashing on and of quickly.It did reset itself after after
about 10 seconds.My boiler setup sounds the same as the person with the 15RI,ie power lead comes from the pump to the terminal box and then on to the boiler,so i'm guessing that when zone valve closes when boiler shuts down the the pump stops running at the same time.My system has 2 2port zone valves, cylinder stat and works from a horstmann twin channel programmer,and a room stat?I did notice quite some time ago when i had a quick look inside the boiler that the neutral core going to the pump connection in the boiler had a crimp put on to it and was not actually connected.Someone said to me that the neutral can be picked up from somewhere else in the system without this core being connected.Hope this makes sense to you?

Sponsored Links
sounds too complicated for me - i had to get an independant engineer to inspect mine before the installer, carillion would take any notice - now they have been to look, agreed install incorrect and still waiting for corrective action, replacement of heat exchanger and refund of my engineers report cost - good luck, i know the stress this can lead to - maybe try a new message here with your problem

cheers

sorry new to this forum and couldnt see where to post own question..
got a main combi 24he..
runs for a little while then goes out.
if i disconnect aps tube and pinch closed its ok and stays on.
the fan is fine,venturi has not melted,the flue is ok.
the condenser is to big to block up on them boilers and the aps connections are fine. the aps is only asking for .6 mbs wich is sod all.
has anyone had this problem of the boiler cycling like this?
i know the aps says 240v but it is a generic part and is only a switch so the fact im getting low voltage shouldnt make any difference as i have already changed the pcb and am assuming it sends out a low voltage.
any answers would be helpfull.
and if someone could put this on its own section???
cheers jon

got a main combi 24he..
the condenser is to big to block up on them boilers and the aps connections are fine. the aps is only asking for .6 mbs wich is s** all.
i know the aps says 240v but it is a generic part and is only a switch so the fact im getting low voltage shouldnt make any difference as i have already changed the pcb and am assuming it sends out a low voltage.
cheers jon

Try starting your own thread and stop doing work on the boiler too.

Sponsored Links
got a main combi 24he..
the condenser is to big to block up on them boilers and the aps connections are fine. the aps is only asking for .6 mbs wich is s** all.
cheers jon

Try starting your own thread and stop doing work on the boiler too.

At the top of the plumbing and heating section there is a "button" marked NEW TOPIC, clic on this and start your own thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back