Carpal Tunnel

Another thing I'm guilty of is not wearing enough sun cream. I get burnt even during the winter and as a roofer I'm pretty much exposed to it all the time. Also have a history of skin cancer in the family.

Sponsored Links
My dad was a bricky. Had skin cancer in 2007. Cut it out of his back but returned in the lymph gland a year later, removed the lymph gland but 1 node had released it. Travelled to the Brain & passed in April 2009. Still to this day
can’t actually talk about it in person to anyone.
Ryan don’t think it won’t happen. We all think we are indestructible when we are young. Use sunblock or keep your t shirt on.

My dad was a bricky. Had skin cancer in 2007. Cut it out of his back but returned in the lymph gland a year later, removed the lymph gland but 1 node had released it. Travelled to the Brain & passed in April 2009. Still to this day
Ryan don’t think it won’t happen. We all think we are indestructible when we are young. Use sunblock or keep your t shirt on.

I think tradesmen don't think about suncream at work and it doesn't seem very manly putting it on a building site. But your post just shows how it is as important as any other PPE.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost mine last May and my Mun died almost 10 years back. It's an odd feeling when your parents die, very hard to put into words, it's not just the grief.

Sorry to hear that mate. My mum has had it twice one on her leg and another on the chest. Both times been dug out successfully. But there is always a risk it will return. My brother and I got severely sunburnt at a water park as kids. Worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I couldn't move without my skin tearing and I came out is massive orange oil filled blisters. I've never taken my top off in the sun since.

Sponsored Links
Going for a test at the hospital soon to get it diagnosed.
I thought I had Carpal tunnel, but mine affected the little finger and half of the one next to it.
Turned out it was Cubital tunnel - Ulna nerve damage around the elbow.
Didn't fancy the op so went down the 'alternative route' of exercise and changing slouch habits.
Took almost 18 months, but although I occasionally get the 'tingle' back it's mostly gone.
Maybe that 'get your elbows off the table' rebuke from the parents had merit after all !

disappointing on a DIY site that folk are getting the professionals in for these little jobs

Sponsored Links
Back