Carry on Lab Rats...

The highest rise areas are a couple of places in Scotland the Silly Isles Conwall and Torbay. All areas I think that have had low infection rates.

Sydney is having a burst of infections. Could it be that those countries/areas that have protected themselves well are now suffering due to no herd immunity.?

I'm talking as a plumber..... it's just a question

The dynamics are quite complex, but essentially it's a numbers game. Introducing the delta varient into a population, even with high vaccine uptake results in significant numbers purely because even 10% of a population in the millions is alot of people who are "immunologically naive".

But your underlying assumption is right, if you have a more highly transmissible disease it will have a better chance at more infections even in areas that have historically faired better off due to controls or other reasons. However this effect has its limits - it's also kind of the entire backbone of a pandemic responce. Timing of what controls and tools you have for the most favourable outcome (which might be say, an effort to delay infections over a long period) is everything and the obvious do everything you can immediately might not be the best action to take.

Sponsored Links
Must be very scary for those who haven't had a jab. Probably 5 times more likely to catch covid, than 2020, as those who have been jabbed enjoy their freedoms. Sadly it seems the jabbed are less able to protect the unjabbed through lowering transmission, than hoped. I feel for those who cannot have the jab due to medical reasons. the tin-foil-hatters seem to be proving Darwin's theories.

The vaccine cannot be seen to fail, as so many people have now had it they would all lose face.

People these days regard death as some sort of disease.
Everyone dies eventually, all you can do is take reasonable precautions to prevent an earlier departure than you would otherwise expect and if that means taking 2 or even 3 jabs, then take them and get on with your life.

Sponsored Links
The vaccine cannot be seen to fail, as so many people have now had it they would all lose face.
I doubt it, there has always been a concern that variants would outwit the vaccine.

"... thought the vaccines were too "experimental". ... decided against having a coronavirus jab after reading material on social media. ... "

Anti-vaxxers really are responsible for young people dying. Anybody that says the vaccine is "experimental" and calls people that get vaccinated "sheeple" and "lab rats" is basically trying to persuade people to take risks based on no scientific or medical knowledge, and this often leads to people in their 50s and 60s dying of a now preventable deadly disease.

They should be ashamed. But they seem to enjoy it. Anti-vaxxers are often trolls that take pleasure in watching the upset they cause - it's just moved on from nasty words that upset to nasty words that kill.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the so-called anti vaxxers have been jabbed but are too embarrassed to admit they were wrong. I mean, someone who admits to having two 'medics' in the family MUST be aware of the stats involved in vaccinated Vs the unvaccinated unless said 'medics' exist only in that persons mind.

Anti-vaxxers should be banned from posting any new threads.
So should people like yourself who do nothing but abuse people on every thread then moan/report people to the mods when the people being abused respond to that abuse thus then proceeding to get every Covid related thread shut down because of your abuse.
Unfortunately the majority of these threads are pointless because you just get them all shut down.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the so-called anti vaxxers have been jabbed but are too embarrassed to admit they were wrong. I mean, someone who admits to having two 'medics' in the family MUST be aware of the stats involved in vaccinated Vs the unvaccinated unless said 'medics' exist only in that persons mind.
I wouldn’t be surprised if certain people on here have realised that after being jabbed they realise it was then pointless to have that jab as it does absolutely nothing.
They then don’t want to admit it through the embarrassment from the replies they would receive on here so would then have to leave DIYnot.
Much like a certain plumber from Durham.(y)

12 months ago deaths were far higher for fewer infections so the fact is that we are safer now due to the vaccine. And this is played out around the World; where vaccine levels are lower, death rates are higher. I don't know why people keep trying to find obscure ways to talk around this, when really they should keep their heads down and just be grateful to the rest of us who are keeping them safer. Personally I don't care whether you have the vaccine or not. I do care about leading a reasonably normal life without masks and that's what the vaccine has given us.

How many jabs are people willing to have?

And how often?

What do the rabid jabbers think/know what they are actually being injected with?

And why do some insist it becomes mandatory for everyone to be jabbed with something with an unknown outcome against their will?

What's the point of your continual whining on about this. Is it enjoyment of trolling; or do you have a genuine desire to save people from harm? How many other sites are you on telling everyone they are sheeple; or do all your other imaginary friends agree with you?

I wouldn’t be surprised if certain people on here have realised that after being jabbed they realise it was then pointless to have that jab as it does absolutely nothing.
They then don’t want to admit it through the embarrassment from the replies they would receive on here so would then have to leave DIYnot.

Any evidence? Thought not.

PS

If forumites had to leave when found to be talking dung, wtf are you doing here?

So should people like yourself who do nothing but abuse people on every thread then moan/report people to the mods when the people being abused respond to that abuse thus then proceeding to get every Covid related thread shut down because of your abuse.
Unfortunately the majority of these threads are pointless because you just get them all shut down.

I have never reported anybody to mods on this forum, John. I am sure the mods can verify that if you feel it is important.
No idea why you think I abuse people either - disagreeing and calling people out when they quote conspiracy theories is not abuse - this is a forum for discussion, after all.
Oh, as you pointed out before, I did refer a non-forum member as a bellend once, largely because his name sounded a bit like bellend. Not sure how that is abuse to a forum member though.

I just happen to think that spreading fake news about medicine that puts people's lives at risk is dangerous and should be stopped. I am all for freedom of speech, but not with it means vulnerable people make wrong decisions and people die.

Sponsored Links
Back