Cashless society ( pros and cons)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
with natwest so not sure if all providers the same contactless doesnt check to see if you have funds which is why people overdraw with it where as chip and pin wont allow transaction if no funds

Oh, didn't know that. That seems stupid. Is that down to the bank then?

Can you cancel the contactless feature?

I read somewhere that if you drill a hole through the cards in a certain place, that it cuts the antenna and stops the card being used for contactless.

I have just had an email from NatWest to say they are moving DD cards to Mastercard and that the new card in December will be a recycled one.

with natwest so not sure if all providers the same contactless doesnt check to see if you have funds which is why people overdraw with it where as chip and pin wont allow transaction if no funds
All our online transactions are done through our Monzo cards - you have to have the money in the account so if we are buying something online for say, £250, we first transfer that amount into the card. Takes seconds. If the card is cloned or lost, nothing can be taken.

Pretty sure you can. You can do quite a lot on the cards through the app.
5E069ACC-BF24-43C1-8AE7-BA4A37B3FE2A.png A8DFB87F-9EE8-47BD-9986-BFA3CA142F14.png

All our online transactions are done through our Monzo cards - you have to have the money in the account so if we are buying something online for say, £250, we first transfer that amount into the card. Takes seconds. If the card is cloned or lost, nothing can be taken.

online transactions are not contactless transaction though are they

online transactions are not contactless transaction though are they

No, but you don’t use your phone for online transactions so it won’t matter if you don’t have your phone, you use your card. I don’t quite understand what you are trying to say.

No, but you don’t use your phone for online transactions so it won’t matter if you don’t have your phone, you use your card. I don’t quite understand what you are trying to say.
we are talking about how contactless allows you to carry out 3 purchases a day without funds in your account and you start talking about how you cant do online purchases without money in your account , totally un related

we are talking about how contactless allows you to carry out 3 purchases a day without funds in your account and you start talking about how you cant do online purchases without money in your account , totally un related
Can also use it contactless, as long as it’s got money in the account. No overdraft facilities. Any prepaid debit card will not allow you to make contactless, in-store non-contactless or online purchases if there is not enough to cover the purchase. Totally safe if you’re that worried about losing it and someone getting you into debt. In any case, even if your card was lost or stolen and used contactlesly and fraudulently, the bank will make good your loss. They have to - they set the limit and the limit is what they are prepared to lose.

Using a phone to pay won't work for me. Every time I have bought a new phone/PC, (and it requires your fingerprint to switch it on), or started a new job/visited clients premises where they use it for certain area access I go through the rigmarole of it being set up knowing that when I need to use it the machine will not recognise it. Two phones, 2 laptops, 3 different companies I have worked at and countless clients of those companies have fallen victim to my curse. I've tried telling people what happens but they don't believe me. When I moved to Tech Services at CP I had to use my fingerprint to access the key safe in the security office each morning and evening. After having it set up, (which took an age because it couldn't/wouldn't scan it properly), they asked me to test it. It didn't work. Each morning and evening for a week I went through the actions but had to get a security guard to open it and I signed a book. Eventually they gave me a pin number, (I chose it when they set the screen up so they never knew what it was), but one guy was curious. He asked if he could take one of my fingerprints and then check it next time I was on shift. I kept the piece of paper, (which we both signed over a CP franked logo), and when I next went on shift he took another print from the same finger and compared them. They had changed in a couple places and, although the main area was similar, it was enough to deceive the machine.

Using a phone to pay won't work for me. Every time I have bought a new phone/PC, (and it requires your fingerprint to switch it on), or started a new job/visited clients premises where they use it for certain area access I go through the rigmarole of it being set up knowing that when I need to use it the machine will not recognise it. Two phones, 2 laptops, 3 different companies I have worked at and countless clients of those companies have fallen victim to my curse. I've tried telling people what happens but they don't believe me. When I moved to Tech Services at CP I had to use my fingerprint to access the key safe in the security office each morning and evening. After having it set up, (which took an age because it couldn't/wouldn't scan it properly), they asked me to test it. It didn't work. Each morning and evening for a week I went through the actions but had to get a security guard to open it and I signed a book. Eventually they gave me a pin number, (I chose it when they set the screen up so they never knew what it was), but one guy was curious. He asked if he could take one of my fingerprints and then check it next time I was on shift. I kept the piece of paper, (which we both signed over a CP franked logo), and when I next went on shift he took another print from the same finger and compared them. They had changed in a couple places and, although the main area was similar, it was enough to deceive the machine.
On mine, if it’s not picking up my fingerprint due to my hands being wet, dirty or greasy through work, I can enter a code. I think that’s the case on most phones. I opted to have biometric identification for convenience, it’s not compulsory. If I make purchases at home from my iPad Pro, I’ve opted for facial recognition. I used that on my old Samsung too. All can be overridden with a code you can set yourself.

Sponsored Links
Back