Cashless society ( pros and cons)

This could go around in circles.

You talk about credit/debt as if it is a new concept, beholden only to those recently in receipt of the unholy contactless payment facility. Debt, borrowing overspending has afflicted banking customers since money was invented - cash or otherwise.
who talks of it as a new concept read my original comment were i said , "How many more " that indicates that debt is already there .
9% of brits have no saving and a third have less than £600 there was reports from 2016 that 16 million had savings of less than £100 so its very easy to see how easy it is to spend money you dont have

Sponsored Links
Yes they do and it sounds innocent enough, but the same idea can be used to limit the spender in other, more sinister ways. Your spending can be time-limited, stopping you going out at night for instance, and it can be location-restricted, keeping you inside your own district - both methods useful for lockdown zealots!

More wild conspiracy theories. Do you not think that even if that was to be implemented, that there is no way to bypass it?

. "China’s new payment system exploded in under a decade, growing from inception to dominance. With over a billion users on each platform, the power of network incentives has been unleashed. The new payment system has replaced cards and cash at registers, how families give gifts, and even how beggars ask for money, with QR codes replacing tin cups".

Cant even throw a beggar a couple of yaun now for a cuppa

Sponsored Links
dont forget people can also have one and go over it so same scenario as not having one ...
If people go overdrawn because they overspend, that’s their problem whether it be by contactless, in-store purchasing, online purchasing, direct debits or standing order. Same as if they borrow cash they can’t pay back. It always has been.

If people go overdrawn or have money taken out of their account because of a lost/stolen credit or debit card, the bank will reimburse them. I’ve already explained that to you. What are you actually arguing against?

The new payment system has replaced cards and cash at registers, how families give gifts, and even how beggars ask for money, with QR codes replacing tin cups".
I've seen street buskers doing that over here for some time. Not new.

dont forget people can also have one and go over it so same scenario as not having one ...

It has always been possible to spend money you simply didn't posses. Since money was invented it has always been possible to borrow. Business revolves around borrowed money and investment since the days when investment took place in coffee shops. Perhaps the difference now, is that more have access to larger sums and massive interest rates simply because they present a higher risk.

All rather silly, because those high risk people would be much wealthier if they didn't live beyond their means.

If people go overdrawn because they overspend, that’s their problem whether it be by contactless, in-store purchasing, online purchasing, direct debits or standing order. Same as if they borrow cash they can’t pay back. It always has been.

If people go overdrawn or have money taken out of their account because of a lost/stolen credit or debit card, the bank will reimburse them. I’ve already explained that to you. What are you actually arguing against?
what are you rambling on about has anyone said its not of their own doing do you just like to bump your gums ?

Still can’t see what you are arguing about.
and what bit of its far easier these days for people to get into debt by spending money they havent got because of the increased use of cards and contactless are you struggling with ?

and what bit of its far easier these days for people to get into debt by spending money they havent got because of the increased use of cards and contactless are you struggling with ?
These days? Compared to what, 5, 10, 15 years ago? There’s no difference. Some people will always get into debt.

I just can't help feeling that mobile phones are going to be the key's to peoples lives in the future one way or another, without the freedom of cash.

These days? Compared to what, 5, 10, 15 years ago? There’s no difference. Some people will always get into debt.
which has been pointed out several times . You seem to be struggling with the definition of the word more and how much easier it is to get in debt now

Sponsored Links
Back