Cats

I'd sooner have my two cats than 50% of the human beings I've come across ... And many of that 50% regularly post on here :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Masona Wrote
That's unusual, might be foxes?
Hi Masona,
The Photographs I took were definitely not foxes.

if they are digging up your beds then there is a simple and effective solution. When you clear the beds out in winter place green plastic fence netting (the rigid plastic stuff) on the bare soil. It will very quickly become hidden with new growth from the plants and cats will not dig in the beds. Humane, simple and very effective

Sponsored Links
if they are digging up your beds
The Digging up of the beds is only a minor irritation. Although palstic netting will, I have no doubt, do a good job, shouldn't the cat owners be paying the bill for the capital outlay their pests are subjecting their neigbours to?.
The real problem is the Doo Doos.
If they were more responsible in taking care of their pests, we would not be subject to the expense in dealing with the problem they cause. As with all of these irresponsible owners, they take the view of 'Its not my Problem' which of course it not a problem to them but they sure are the cause of it, and as such should pay the cost of it's solution.
Not a Hope in Hell I am afraid.

Hi Terrrywookfit
Quote:-
Cat owners are a strange breed!
A friends neighbour has tried trapping neighbours cats because they come into his garden and his own cats don"t like it!!
He finds it perfectly acceptable for his own cats to wander where they see fit !!

This epitomises The Cat Owner, It's Ok for them but don't do it to me!

I like cats but I don't have one myself and I don't enjoy having to scrape up their poo from my garden. Having read through this thread, it seems clear that cat owners understand the problem but because they do not have to deal with it themselves (their own cats do not do it in their own garden and they also keep other cats away) they are maybe less concerned than those of us who do have to deal with it.

I think it's a little irresponsible to retreat behind the 'cats are wild animals so what can we do?' argument. In fact, there is something they can do. They can install a cat poo bin outside their house so others have somewhere to put the poo. Failing that, they could make it clear to their neighbours that it's OK to toss cat poo onto their front lawn or - if there's no lawn - outside the front door.

having read through all the thread seems like some people must have a happy life if thats all they have to worry about :rolleyes:

If you find shooting cats either one of

Acceptable
Humane
Fun

you have no right being alive yourself.

They are living creatures and have the same right to roam as we do.

No they don't. If you can't keep then on your own property then don't get one. I find ******************************** good deterrent.

Make owners train their cats to only do it in their own gardens or get the owners to follow the cats with plastic bags at the ready.

easy innit?

To all who think training cats is easy, the following covers the "simple" task of giving a cat a tablet as medicine

Pick the cat up and cradle in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into it, allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind the sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call partner in from garden. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get partner to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from the foil wrap. Make note to buy a new rule and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered 'Dolton' figurines from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

Wrap cat in large towel and get partner to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

Check label to make sure pills not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply plaster to partners forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

Retrieve cat from neighbours shed and get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon and flick pill down throat with elastic band.

Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus jab. Throw t-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road and apologise to neighbour who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid the cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

Tie cats front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed and pry cat's mouth open with a small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by a large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour a pint of water down throat to wash down pill.

Get partner to drive you to ER and sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearms and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call at furniture shop on way home to order new table.

where you went wrong was you should start by saying in a firm voice "sit!"

High Freddiemercuriestwin,
Cats might be here to stay, but not in my garden :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back