CCTV and ANPR

Sponsored Links
ANPR's

Mobile ANPR cameras are currently fitted to lots of Traffic Patrol Officers cars. Static ones are usually operated by civilians.

There is a definite swing, within the Home Office, for moving ANPR away from the Police with their response to requests their only involvement. Thus more fixed sites = more requests for responses. However there are less Traffic Officers today than ever before.

DVLA will provide registration details to anyone who has a good reason for asking. Tesco qualifies I'm afraid. They also have to pay for the information. There is allowances under the Data Protection Act for this.

Tesco's car park can be private land AND a public road, depending on access points, closures etc. You sure could cover your plates up but I think it would only draw attention to your car.

Don't listen to that spanner, Joe 90. Cloning can consist of several different offences including Perverting the Course of Justice - Usually an imprisonable offence now-a-days!

Find a car the same as yours. Same type and colour and get some plates made up. All correspondence will then go to the other owners address.

Wait until someone does it to you my friends car had been cloned and used in a robbery.

Luckily for him he was 100miles away and the CCTV & credit card evidence proved his statement.
....isn't this a GOOD reason for CCTV? :eek:

So how does this affect ******, the police drive past illegally parked fly tipping untaxed vehicles for weeks on a bridleway near us, what use is this number plate caper then, or does DVLC have a list of ***** vehicles on it's data base and tells the plod not to bother with that one mate as it's a waste of fe**n time, just us ordinary pratts then is it that get a fine in the post :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Closed-Circuit-Television (CCTV) is the terminology used to describe an arrangement of surveillance cameras used to monitor a given location.

ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) comprises two main components - the camera head, and the software engine.
First of all an image is acquired via the ANPR camera head. This has been developed to accommodate vehicle speed, reflectivity of number plates, accurate focus in both day and night time operation, and most importantly - operation at night time with on coming vehicle headlights.

Hi,
Closed-Circuit-Television (CCTV) is the terminology used to describe an arrangement of surveillance cameras used to monitor a given location.

ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) comprises two main components - the camera head, and the software engine.
First of all an image is acquired via the ANPR camera head. This has been developed to accommodate vehicle speed, reflectivity of number plates, accurate focus in both day and night time operation, and most importantly - operation at night time with on coming vehicle headlights.
Um . . . we know. :rolleyes:

Crafty, what route do you take to M/cr?

I regularly take the Woodhead then turn right to Sheffield - that road there has many overhead cameras measuring average speed.

Crafty, what route do you take to M/cr?

I regularly take the Woodhead then turn right to Sheffield - that road there has many overhead cameras measuring average speed.
Yeah that one. I used to travel on that road daily when I worked in Stocksbridge. The part with the cameras on is known partly as the Stocksbridge bypass. It was once the most dangerous road in South Yorkshire. By limiting the speed on the whole route (its long straight roads are ideal for speeders / idiot racers) and re-painting the road it is now one of the safest.

Sponsored Links
Back