1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

CCTV question

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by ivanakos, 27 Aug 2018.

1. ivanakos

ivanakos

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have a 8 channel apollo

I wanted to change Baluns to a more flexible time and bought those:
    cctv2.jpeg

However when I have tried them on using a few channels the image is distorted (note for some channels it works)

cctv3.jpg

see Chanel 8 below:

cctv2.jpg

It seems that is not a problem of a particular balun rather than the specific channels with this specific type, went downstairs and noticed that my cameras have sometimes grey and sometimes black baluns, I am thinking that if it was to change the balun downstairs with this type it would then work but didnt have the time to try yet ...
    So question a is :is there a difference between Balun X and Balun Z?

Also one of my cameras has poor image quality any idea what the issue might be ?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Normally happens if you have the Baluns the wrong way round ...e.g. Solid blue + at one end , but - at the other

4. ivanakos

ivanakos

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks tried that a while ago and didnt work but would give it another go and update...

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local