CCTV viewable via 3G on iphone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine is looking for an inexpensive CCTV camera so that can he can monitor (with video image) on an iPhone. Although monitoring a drive leading up to an agricultural building, it can be an internal camera as it will be mounted in a covered area.
I have done a lot of searching but find the advertising is misleading in that most cameras allow you to view on an iPhone over your wifi only, unless you have an expensive camera DVR system.
This building does actually have a phone line and Internet access (router) inside. I think it should be possible for any camera that can connect to the router to be accessible by another PC but not sure if any such camera can be accessed via an iPhone.

Any and all suggestions (together with how-to's) would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
This is my setup that I view over my 3G/4G iPhone, even cheaper if you're only looking to run one Camera as it was something like £89.99 with the one camera IIRC.

The experts on here will tell you it's crap, will break etc. but so far so good for me.

Fair enough it won't produce crystal clear images for use e.g. in a court case so depends why you're using it... I use it just for a live view of what is where so I'm perfectly happy.

//www.diynot.com/forums/alarms-cctv-telephones/my-180-4ch-cctv-setup-a-review.354465/

Sponsored Links
Agreed with sparkymark...the samsung ipolis software is superb BUT better again is an AVTECH 675 DVR (4CH so you can expand) and only 160 sheets with a 500GB HDD.....

AVTECH is the only low cost manufacturer to design apps/ remote software inhouse.....its flawless...got it on my house and holiday home :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back