CDA SC222 oven - element and fan stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A couple of days ago, I was using my CDA oven when the electricity tripped a couple of times. It was the oven that caused this as whilst it will switch on and the little pilot light shows, it no longer produces any heat. The grill still seems to be working though.

The fan also appears to have stopped working too (as well as the element).

My question is, if we replace the element (which I assume is what has gone after some googling), could this also fix the fan (i.e. is it possible that they both run on the same circuit, so the element going also means that it stopped the fan too).

I don't want to spend money on a new element if it is the fan too (as we may just get a brand new oven instead).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Fan and element are separate items, the only way they would both stop working simultaneously is if the switch had failed.
A much more likely situation is that the fan failed first and caused the element to overheat and fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back