Central Heating F & E supply & Peger Ventair Air Sep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am proposing to install central heating (two-pipe, un-pressurised system) but have a gas fitter and electrician do the boiler and electrics. I have sorted-out my preferred pipe runs and the feed and expansion tank location is fixed because it was part of my old system which will be completely removed.

I see that the feed from the new F & E tank is sized at 22mm also the Pegler air separator has a 22mm connection for the feed pipe. Would it be OK to use 15mm pipe between the two (with the correct 22mm/15mm fittings) rather than use 22mm throughout? I can see no reason that a 22mm pipe would be required and the old system was also 15mm.

Secondly although I know the connections for the Peglar air separator I am not sure if it has to be mounted in a certain orientation. Should it be with the longest section vertical or horizontal or perhaps it does not matter?

The Peglar ventair is marked

Waterflow/Airflow - inlet (horizontal left side)
Airflow - outlet (horizontal right side) to vent pipe 22mm throughout.
Waterflow - outlet (downwards)
The other outlet should therefore be the feed from the F & E tank. (downwards) which I think would be OK at 15mm.

Sponsored Links
15mm feed is OK if you have a 22 vent.
Just get the instructions for the air separator!

Thanks ChrisR. Routing a 15mm feed pipe will be easier, and yes I will be using a 22mm constantly rising expansion pipe.

Anyone fitted the Pegler Ventair, that can describe how its fitted, please?

Perhaps Pegler might know? My guess is that it should be vertical with the vent pointing vertically upwards, but we always like to check these things.

Sponsored Links
I attempted to get the information from Pegler but their website is not easy to use. I also e-mailed their technical department (as suggested on the site) with no reply.

Finally I found it listed in their Prestex heating accessories products.... as would be expected the vent is vertical. This is how I would have fitted it but for the fact that the diagram on the product itself is confusing which would suggest its fitted horizontal.

Thank you for the assistance, I'm happy now.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back