Central Heating Installation Quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at getting central heating installed this year. At the moment all the rooms have small gas heaters on the wall. They work well but as you can imagine cost a fortune.

I am looking at getting a Combi with 6 rads, 1 being a towel radiator.

I currently have a hot water boiler in the bathroom which is pretty new and understand this will have to be replaced with a combi.

What sort of prices would I be looking at for my requirements? I dont really want the most expensive state of the art system, but one which will do the job. I am in the North West area.

Sorry if I am not meant to ask for info of quotes, if thats the case can a mod please remove, thanks

Sponsored Links
We work in the NW area... when are you looking to get this done?

Where exactly are you? May be available for a free quote if you're looking to get it done soon.

Sponsored Links

Where exactly are you? May be available for a free quote if you're looking to get it done soon.

I'm in Widnes and looking to get it done around April-May time because we have a lot of things need doing first.

£3000 seems a little steep, I honestly thought it would be half that

£900 for the materials and £600 labour?

its possible but it wont be a high standard installation!

but you could do it all over again after 3 years!

I'm in Widnes and looking to get it done around April-May time because we have a lot of things need doing first.

£3000 seems a little steep, I honestly thought it would be half that

I can do it for that......yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa

I had the same system you're asking about installed by a CORGI in June 2008. Biasi Riva Advance 32KW - £1960 all in. New rads, valves and pipework and cert. Inc. VAT

I got 3 quotes - dearest was £2400.

Best,

MAS

i work from st helens and can give you a quote if you wish.You dont have to remove new hot water heater if you would rather not.Theres a few options you can consider.Get quotes now in preparation , so you have time to consider options.

£900 for the materials and £600 labour?

So 1 man can install a full system in 2 days :eek: You're a damn sight quicker than me then :rolleyes:

Materials off the back of a lorry?

Yes, I am quick.

I dont pay my guys £300 a day. More like £50. They cant even speak English. They can, however, lift floorboards, hang rads and run pipework.

I have done a system in 2 days on my own - it was great fun!

Materials from mrcentralheating but there are lots of other independent cheaper suppliers in my area and indeed in London where I sometimes work.

There's lots of accusation being thrown around on this forum about cowboy workers when there isn't really evidence. Just because someone can do a job cheaper than someone else does not necessarily make them a cowboy.

(the last comment was directed at you but its just a general theme in here)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back