Central Heating Quote

2000 to 2500 up north. 2500 to 3500 down south.Materials cost same north and south.Pure greed.And thats only cos i cant get away with it. :(

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
6 rads + con boiler + trv,s and pipework and a diff bypass ,timer and room stat 1800 + vat
Why the VAT? Surely your turnover can't be high enough, what with all the callbacks to installation faults, and non-payers for sh*t jobs, and business expenses like law suits, and court fines for beating up traffic wardens, and extra DERV for oil and an over-rich fuel mixture on a worn transit engine that pumps out smoke, short-term custodial sentences for threatening to wring the scrawny neck of DIY forum members, etc.?

Check the local newspapers and look at the rates i know one guy who is throwing in 7 rads and the complete fit including vat for £1800

I came across ads earlier this year for steamers plus 5/6/7 rads at £ 1500.00. If you're going to do a professional job and you're fully legit it has to be reflected in your prices. If people want to pay peanuts they're welcome to the monkeys they'll get in return. I much prefer the calls I get to put right the c**k-ups of the original installer who either can't be reached or is not wanted back. Usually more lucrative too. Must go now...my solo brain cell needs massaging.

Fitz1, I used to live up North and now I am in London - believe me, if you were down here you would be charging more. Its not down to greed either.

It cost me £4.50 for an hours parking today in Central London, add the £8 congestion charge and the fact that diesel is a quid a litre in some petrol stations here. Then the extortionate insurance for your van and premises, which is far more than ooop North. And of course rent on a yard or office down here is way more than wherever you are mate.

Sponsored Links
B.O.B DOLE said:
Softus said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
6 rads + con boiler + trv,s and pipework and a diff bypass ,timer and room stat 1800 + vat
Why the VAT? Surely your turnover can't be high enough, what with all the callbacks to installation faults, and non-payers for sh*t jobs, and business expenses like law suits, and court fines for beating up traffic wardens, and extra DERV for oil and an over-rich fuel mixture on a worn transit engine that pumps out smoke, short-term custodial sentences for threatening to wring the scrawny neck of DIY forum members, etc.?

Check the local newspapers and look at the rates i know one guy who is throwing in 7 rads and the complete fit including vat for £1800
What on Earth has your answer got to do with my posting?

Fitz1 the materials don't cost the same. A mate from Bardford and I shared a heating job in London a few years back, we took the rads, boiler and uv cyl with us and some pipe, but kept having to go round to the local merchants for things, which cost a lot more than they do in Scarborough and Bradford (two poor neighbourhoods). That and the obvious high cost of living down their, then the ultra low quality fo life down their and we soon understood why they have to charge more.

Mate of mine is a puter wizz in the city on 60k with loads of shares thrown in, I sp[ent one morning with him on his normal comute to work (Abbey Wood to City). Many years since I comuted from Dartford to WC2, but how it has changed? Like Tokyo was in the '70's. No respect for gender or age, just draw a line in the sand and don't budge, shuffle doorwards, after 3 or four failed attempts to crush into a train you get your chance to feel like a sardine.

You'd have to pay me a lot more than 60k and give me a much more rewarding job than puters to make me go through that grind every day.

They can have the 3k5 for what I do for 2k to 2k5. My 2k goes more than twice as far in lifestyle alone.

Well said Paul...........@ last someone has admitted it`s NOT grim up North..........it`s worse in Sussex than the smoke because the prices are the same.yet the wages are low....I`m only here by accident of birth :LOL:

2200 all in and the jobs a good un using a ferroli domicompact 24 with danfoss trvs and dt200 room stat ( cos the boiler has a clock )

whats all the talk about powerflush ??? didnt he say he had storage heaters >> can you power flush lecky now ?

x300 after install and then x100 jobs done in 1 1/2 days

this is depending on position and electricty supply being up to scratch

any more and we would be robbing you no matter where it is in the uk

profit on that job would be 800 + :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back