Central heating survey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon guys and gals.
I have been developing an idea over the last couple of years and now need to either invest heavily in progressing it :D or stick with the day job :(

So a bit of market research in the form of a survey. Its really short, only a handful of questions (honest) and it will take less than 2 minutes of your time.
http://www.inspiretechnology.co.uk/limesurvey/index.php?sid=56291&lang=en

To anyone who fills it in, I really appreciate your help.

Mods, I dont think ive broken any rules posting this, but if I have, then an apology and delete the thread.

Thanks

Gavin

Sponsored Links
I've filled it in mate, I have something similar that I built at home. I've no interest in marketing it, so you can have my advice for free!
Turning the heating on and off, even by SMS or webpage is cool, but you don't want to be doing it every time you leave the house.
For that reason my system has occupancy sensors (pirs) for the alarm in each room and these inform the room stat if people are home.
Depending on whether the house is occupied or not determines the set temperature... Couple that with an external temp sensor and time of day temperature profiles (I.e cool in the night, warm first thing in the morning, longer days on weekends etc...) and you have a very versatile system.

I've been toying with AI to try to predict when we will get home, to anticipate turning on the heating - as we have a fairly regular routine, but this is very much in the early stages for me.

Good luck!

Didn't complete it... if it's that good, get on Dragons Den, and make a few mill, and come back at **** me off ! ;)

Sponsored Links
I've been toying with AI to try to predict when we will get home, to anticipate turning on the heating - as we have a fairly regular routine, but this is very much in the early stages for me.

Good luck!

Wonder if this AI will be able to predict when you get held up in traffic,,, decide to stop late at a friends,,, or have a fatal heart attack when your out.!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm not clicking the link, simply because there are lots of sites that say 'promote this, and you will get payed per click', a lot of the car forums for kids with cheap cars do this with huge banners for sigs do this, or send spurious emails, click this...if I get 500 hits, I get a £5er...

So need evidence that this is your website, that you created, and is in your interest only. And even then, personal advertising isn't allowed on most forums, without some form of membership.

Sorry to burst your bubble slightly, I have comments to make about the industry, as anyone that recognises me on here knows, not all are bad, but not utterly convinced. Why not have a forum poll that is safe? Then collate the data?

Thanks guys.
Toasty. Interesting idea with the pir sensors.

imamartian. Dragons Den, yes thats always an option. Problem i find with that program is you usually need a finished product, so thats at least £10k before you start. But you never know!

Micky. Fair point, you dont know me. Trust me, i have better things to do then to spend hours spamming forums simply to get a fiver. You've got a point about the forum poll. Not sure how much useful data you could get from one question.

Sponsored Links
Back