ceramic hob and double oven wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can i wire a ceramic hob and double oven to existing 6mm cable if so what rating rcd ? any help wud b great thanx

Sponsored Links
You really need to provide more information than that.

Whats the rating of the cooker and the oven. Whats the rating of the current protective device. What are the oven and hob required to be fused at?

ceramic hob is 5800 watts and double oven is 4080watts i have 6mm from cu to switch is that any good ?

Do you know how the 6mm cable is routed?

I'd say that 6mm cable is a bit marginal for that load, but there is some diversity you can apply to kitchen circuits perhaps a spark can advise on that...

Sponsored Links
thinking about keepin my gas hob but havin the electric double oven running on 6mm is that ok what type rcd

thinking about keepin my gas hob but havin the electric double oven running on 6mm is that ok what type rcd
Excellent, gas is the better choice.

a double oven of 4080 watts will run in a 20 amp MCB. You can use the 6mm cable, although it is rated at 40 amps, it is ok to overspec cable.

The gas hob will plug in, or wire to an FCU.

thank very much the existing hob is 13 amp plug igniter and the rcd is 16 amp do i need to change it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back