CH working, but no hot water. Do I need new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Glowworm Combi boiler, the model is 80e. The central heating works fine but there's no hot water coming out of the tap. A local plumber said I need a new boiler. Do I? I know the boiler is about 13 years old and it's been about 12-15 months since it was serviced, but is this a problem that can be fixed?

Sometimes I can trick the system by turning the kitchen hot water tap on full and then immediately turning it down to a slower flow. That seems to work to get me hot water, but not always.

Many thanks,

Susan

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Its a bigger job to install new boilers.

Many don't know how to fix boilers anyway.

Its getting a bit old but if you badly want it fixed find someone who repairs boilers!

Tony

Thanks,Tony. It sounds like you get this often in the forum (just had a browse around).

But finding someone who repairs boilers is easier said than done as everyone claims to be able to fix things till they make a visit and try to talk you into a new boiler.

Any tips for finding "someone who repairs boilers" or who can diagnose and repair a broken "rubber diaphragm"? I live in Rayleigh in Essex. I don't know if public recommendations are allowed here, but a private message would be just as useful for me. Or even tips on how to filter (ha ha) out those who can only do installations and not repairs?

Sponsored Links
I don't think your boiler is quite ready for the scrap heap yet Susan! I have sent you a PM.

Dean.

Thanks for all the replies. Dean has sent me a PM, but I'm having trouble getting to speak with him and it's been several days now.

hertsboilers, who's this picasso you speak about?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back