Chalk one up for the good guys.

Exactly!

I have no sympathy for those that get injured or killed whilst committing a crime.

so if a starving child steals food he deserves to be crushed to death?

Having re-read the article, I see no reference to a starving child fleeing cops after stealing a loaf of bread to feed his poor family. What I did see was a convicted burglar fleeing from the scene of his latest crime. And yes - tough sh!t.

However if a child needs to steal food to feed himself or his family, then I think the only crime committed is by society for allowing a family to be in that situation.

But that is not what happened in this case so your comment is redundant.

Sponsored Links
we do not live in eutopia nor will we ever do so. to triumph in this young mans demise i feel is inherently wrong.

we do not live in eutopia nor will we ever do so. to triumph in this young mans demise i feel is inherently wrong.

I'm not triumphing in this young mans demise. I merely said I had no sympathy.

when you say 'chalk one up for the good guys' i think your saying us one them nil

and when you say 'oh what a pity' that is blatant sarcasm

nobody is perfect, we all have our faults. the sun may not have shone out of this boys' ar*e but he did not deserve to die for shoplifting out of pcworld.

i understand he died as a result of a situation of his own making., but that does not mean we should celebrate. He was 21 for fs, his whole life ahead of him. He could have turned it round at any point. This is a tragedy not a cause for revelry.

EDIT: im sorry LD, i attributed comments to you that were from a different person

Sponsored Links
Exactly!

I have no sympathy for those that get injured or killed whilst committing a crime.

so if a starving child steals food he deserves to be crushed to death?

Was he a starving child then?..or a member of a 'bruddahood' gang..

Like these..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2012050.ece

Want em on your doorstep would you?

Maybe the boi who got killed gang wasnt into that..but these are the sort of people that are running riot in inner cities

i understand he died as a result of a situation of his own making., but that does not mean we should celebrate. He was 21 for fs, his whole life ahead of him. He could have turned it round at any point. This is a tragedy not a cause for revelry.

Crap!...thats the sort of thing you hear every time one of that ilk gets shot or stabbed in a gang fight...'promising teenager'..'life in front of him'...life of what?...more crime????

If you want to live out the 'life thats in front of you'...dont run around with street gangs with a gun or a blade in one pocket and a bag full of drugs in another..its that simple.

Take the blinkers off mate eh.

Maybe all he needed was a group hug?..im surprised Liberty havnt piped up about his 'human rights'

I have no sympathy whatsoever..apart from for their grieving parents who nutured the kids when they were young and like every other kid.

Having re-read the article, I see no reference to a starving child fleeing cops after stealing a loaf of bread to feed his poor family. But that is not what happened in this case so your comment is redundant.

i made no reference to the o.p. and nor did i intend to.

should i have?

what i DID do was make a reference to your sweeping statement which stated;

"i have no sympathy for those who get injured or killed whilst committing a crime."

If you want to live out the 'life thats in front of you'...dont run around with street gangs with a gun or a blade in one pocket and a bag full of drugs in another..its that simple.

Maybe all he needed was a group hug?..im surprised Liberty havnt piped up about his 'human rights'

I have no sympathy whatsoever..apart from for their grieving parents who nutured the kids when they were young and like every other kid.

did i at any time in my post suggest that i sympathise with people who commit crime?
how am i blinkered, mate?

We all walk a fine line every day of our lives, and to cross on the wrong side of the Law in anything we do, whether its taking a pen or a ream of paper from the office, gear from a site, stealing a sweet from the pick n mix, or something of more value, is always a temptation.

It's not necessarily justified in seeing the loss of a persons' life, whatever the cause, but in some cases you can't help but feel a certain warmth when a 'bad seed' gets their comuppance. In this case, it was brutal, but the ol' Reaper has his own way of dealing with individuals, and in this young mans case, it was getting squashed by a lift. Yes, it would have been more 'ideal' if he was apprehended by the police, questioned, sentenced and imprisoned, but with the system working as it does, he more than likely would have been released to commit more crime.
Ok, so whilst incarcerated he may see the error of his ways, repent and lead a life of normality, but all too often this isn't the case. :(

I suggest you all re-read the article very carefully. A lot of the things that are being said here about the young man who died cannot be justified by its contents.

Catch a grip zampa he didnt have a gun, drugs or a blade. he stole someting out of a comp shop, hid in a shaft and got flattened your getting on like he was one of the krays.[/i]

No..its teen gangs like that who are making decent peoples lives a misery day in day out, they routinely carry guns and knifes..even if they dont their sheer presence is enough to terrorise ordinary people.

They are turning the streets of this country into the streets of L.A..their role models or those in the crips and the bloods...they want to be 'gangstas'

They are getting away with what they do because of their age in many cases..the old bill cant touch them and they know it.

Many years ago a gang 'steamed' a mates shop..they took virtually everything, he done a couple of them with a bat..surely what they deserved?..before running for it himself.

Your trivialising the office

Ok..its a bit of shoplifting..it goes on everywhere, were I come from we the 'forty theives' back in the fifties...a team of women you nicked to order from shops...equally wrong and yes I agree not worthy or being crushed to death in a lift shaft..but these 'people' are in a different league and they are the future or serious crime.

The Krays...im not a beleiver of the 'they only did they own' crap..they didnt they were seriously nasty blokes..strange thing though, they wernt theives and a lot of their type look down on petty theives.

did i at any time in my post suggest that i sympathise with people who commit crime?
how am i blinkered, mate?

How i it a tragedy

You refferred to this as a sweeping statement..
"i have no sympathy for those who get injured or killed whilst committing a crime."

So if you were robbed and the guy fell over and hurt himself running away you'd pity him...if he died you would judge it as a shame?...after reading some of your other posts im sure you cant mean this?

jesus your cynical Zampa

i know im coming across a bit 'hug a hoodie' here, and thats not what i believe. if you've done the crime you should do the time, but speaking as a former guest at a young offender institution i think once you've served your time you've got a clean slate.

you said, 'yes I agree not worthy or being crushed to death in a lift shaft'

rite, we're on the same page there. i honestly feel sorry for this guy and i think that's what you and allot of people on this thread take umbrage at. this guy was 21, prime of his life, and he died because of a stupid, stupid decision. what a waste of life. i think that is sad.

you seem to be drawing the conclusion that because this guy wasnt a wee angel at the age of 21 he was going to go on to live a a violent and murderous life. thats a big fat assumption

So if you were robbed and the guy fell over and hurt himself running away you'd pity him...if he died you would judge it as a shame?...after reading some of your other posts im sure you cant mean this?

i dont live in a bubble full of gummy bears and daisy chains. i've been mugged before. i was walking round to a party with a box of beers thinkin i was jack the lad and 4 fellas walked past me and one of them put his arm round my neck whilst the other three punched me till i dropped the beers. of course i was pi55ed off. those guys humiliated me and stole my property but im not so f*ckin cold that if i had heard they'd died later that night i woulda thought 'f*ck 'em they deserved it'

your right i am trivelising the crime that pistol fella committed, but i think, compared to losing his life stealing a hard drive is very trivial.

I agree..shoplifting its certainly trivial (unless you own the shop I spose :confused: )..but this wasnt a dip in the pic n mix while old lady had her back turned, it wasnt spur of the moment shoplifting as such, from the way it reads...it was a planned robbery.

speaking as a former guest at a young offender institution i think once you've served your time you've got a clean slate.

Totally agree..except in the case of beasts and nonces..I work with a lot of kids who have bene away, and you can tell with most that prison has had a massive affect on them, most of them.

A lot of these hoodie gangs (shame to use the hoodie term..its not all kids who wear hoodies..I wear one ffs!!) see brushes with the law as an occupational hazard and a bit of a bonus in some respects to taunt the cozzers, they see Asbo's as status symbols and are not bothered by them at all, they live by a different set of rules as we did when we were teenagers (im 48)

I was treatened with a cut throat once..outside my own front door, by a drug crazed lunatic who was a local pain in the ars, he could fight his way out of a paper bag, but the blade and the fact he was uphill of me and a fair bit older certainly gave him the edge on the situation..I couldnt run, i'd have to come back..I couldnt take him on, he had a mate, who in fairness stayed on the other side of the road calling for him to leave it out...I talked him round in the end and he walked away.

I told a few mates the following week (who promptly told me i should have done this and that, grabbed the blade, nutted him, fingered his eyes etc etc...yeh right!!..when someones got a cut throat you DONT play the hero!

But I was planning some payback

When I said who it was another mate told me he had been run over and killed the same night!..done my reputation a bit of good becasue everyone assumed it was me! lol...

My reaction.... ****ING GOOD!!

And i make no apologies..waste of a life or the life of a waster?

Pete..at what stage would you feel the same?..how much hurt would you or smeone close to you have to go through before you showed no remorse?

Sponsored Links
Back