Changing Accounts For Gas & Electricity

of course when you do change, make sure the numpty you speak to knows what theyre talking about. My wife sorted out changing over the gas and electric and asked about the economy 7, as we do a lot of washing with the kids etc. No prblem they said and told her the hours. Dont i need a seperate meter she asked. No you dont they said. Now for the last couple of months weve been doing the washing in the night, dishwasher etc. She turned around to me last night and said how do they know when were on economy 7? What do you mean i replied? Well they said we havnt got a meter and dont need one, but not everyones on it so how do they know? After a few choice words of advice she phoned them up today.

Of course the times are all wrong and theyre coming to install a new economy 7 meter this week......DOH!!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Many people who aren't on eco7 still think electric's cheaper at night 'cos its split into 2 charges on their bill ;) Truth is, the first so many KW are cheap rate, then they wack up the price for the last so many KW, according to their useage.

Wonder how they think the electric company knows how much they've used at night :eek:

urm exactly! Theyve offered us a refund as they mucked up and should have installed the meter when we applied, and they were pretty good about it all.

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
Many people who aren't on eco7 still think electric's cheaper at night 'cos its split into 2 charges on their bill ;) Truth is, the first so many KW are cheap rate, then they wack up the price for the last so many KW, according to their useage.

Wonder how they think the electric company knows how much they've used at night :eek:
I have now gone back to 1 rate metre as I thought I would benefit with cheap night rate as with the hot tub and extra fridge, freezer etc, Seeboard said the only real benefit for night rate is if you have storage heaters

Back