Charged £975 for 2 security lights???

Let's face it, whether he's being a troll or not, his posts are pointless and childish.

I'll agree the first post was not necessarily trolling, but the second two definitely were.

Sponsored Links
Well you give an answer then? Is £2k fair?

Let's face it, whether he's being a troll or not, his posts are pointless and childish.

I'll agree the first post was not necessarily trolling, but the second two definitely were.

Define 'trolling' and tell me why 'troll' was the name given.

Sponsored Links
...and neither is a grand. Just because a customer trusts a contractor doesn't give them carte blanch to rip them off. If it were me I'd refuse to pay them a penny and tell them to remove their lights. If they refuse - I'd meet them in court with quotes from other contractors.

Urban Dictionary said:
1c. Noun
A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them

Urban Dictionary said:
1c. Noun
A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them

Joe does not meet any of those definitions.

Urban Dictionary said:
1c. Noun

Can a troll be thanked 570 times? Well?

Then you must be a troll too.

The OP must stand his ground and refuse to pay. If the contractor wished to go to court over the matter then they will be vilified by the judge and (if they are lucky) will be offered £250. No-one should pay a rip-off merchant just because the customer gave them their trust.

570/23,414x100=2.43%
33/364x100=9.10%

Just sayin

I was around way before the 'thank system' was introduced (about 6 years) and most of my posts are in GD where thanks don't count. Geddit?

You brought up the 'thanks' metric, not me

And we're back to the point of the electricians working for free. If the parts are coming in at £283 (presumably with a mark up but this is standard practice for every company that sells / provides items in every industry) why would they be charging £250 for the job, and why would a judge find that a reasonable amount to pay for the work?

If the OP / OP's landlord did not get a quote for the work, then they really don't have a leg to stand on

So they could have charged £5000 then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back