Cheese on toast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jeez, you can tell I'm bored but thought I'd seek your opinions.

In laws called round the other day while I was making cheese on toast. Mother in Law told me I was making wrong!

I toast both sides of the bread, butter it up with loads of butter (this isn't the wrong bit, IMO you can make it with or without butter but I'm an unhealthy git and love my butter, loas of it!), add a nice coating of cheese and grill until bubbling and the cheese starts to brown. Add any seasoning or condiments required and voila! Cheese on Toast.

Mother in Law reckons you should only toast one side, turn it over, add cheese to the other (untoasted) side and then grill the cheese.

NO NO NO I say to her. That's cheese on bread with the other side toasted. She insists she's right.

How do you do it?

Regards

Fred

Sponsored Links
Cant go wrong with a toastie maker :D

Being impatient, I'd probably go with the mother in law's method. Its about 30 seconds quicker ;)

Your mother in law is quite clearly wrong, if you don't toast both sides it goes all droopylike! Sometimes I stick a few sliced tommys on too.

freddymercurystwin said:
Your mother in law is quite clearly wrong, if you don't toast both sides it goes all droopylike! Sometimes I stick a few sliced tommys on too.

Ooooh yeah, tomatoes. I melt the cheese first and then ad the tomatoes. Sliced cherry toms are the best. Then a bit of salt and pepper. Yummy.

Sponsored Links
Crafty said:
Cant go wrong with a toastie maker :D

Being impatient, I'd probably go with the mother in law's method. Its about 30 seconds quicker ;)
If impatient what about stuffing the whole lot into a pop up toaster? :evil:

freddymercurystwin said:
No, No, No, the sliced tommys go on before it goes under the grill!

Nah, not in my house. But there is a balance to be had between melting all the cheese and getting the tomatoes grilled properly without burning the rest of the cheese!

freddymercurystwin said:
Ever tried a strawberry sandwich? Lovely! :D

Only when the strawberrys are in Jam form.

Might try a strawberry butty over the weekend.

Ever had black pepper on strawberries? Yummy.

Tried that in a sandwich once, must've not used enough 'cos I couldn't taste it! Next time I take me starwbs sandwich style I'll pile plenty on. Banana sandwiches too. :D

/rubs tummy

toast both sides.

Grate your cheese into a bowl, add in some diced toms and a wee bit of onion, pepper, woost sauce and tabasco.

it's the law.

have to almost agree with with in law, toast one side, flip over, slighty butter then put cheese on, turn grill down so it cooks slowly, this way all the cheese melts (no lumpy bits)

Sponsored Links
Back