Child swing between 2 walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I plan on building a childs swing for a 1.5 and 4.5 year old in the garden. Our grass area is too small but we have a stone patio area between the house and garage. My idea was to hang a round or square wooden beam between the house and garage and hang 2 swings off that.
I have seen some wall brackets for £22 on a web site for a square beam, so I hope to just buy 2 brrackets a beam and 2 seats.

Is this feasable and any ideas on how to source materials. The width of gap at max will be 4m but will need to be 3.5 I think at least to have enough room. Is this too wide?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
are you not worried about the concrete in case they fall off??? :oops: :oops:

the ground is cotswold stones, plus I could buy a rubber mat in case and the baby swing has sides too!

Sponsored Links
the ground is cotswold stones, plus I could buy a rubber mat in case and the baby swing has sides too!

your choices are an area where you need to be constantly there untill they are about 5 when they are using the swings

or an area where you will be able to supervise from a kitchen window give them occasional attention because when they fall its safe and you can get on with the jobs you need to and give attention if they don't get up

Buy them garden toys that they can play with on the floor and take them to the park. Its alot safer.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back