Chip and Pin Devices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

A recent change in circumstances means I'm doing less commercial (invoiced) and more residential work. Everyone wants to pay me in cash! It's a nice change not having to wait 30-75 days to get paid on a job, but I'm ending up with alot of cash lying around all the time.

How many of you have started using chip and pin devices? How are you finding them? Any recommendations or horror stories?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I wish I got cash payments, I even get cheques for £20.00 :rolleyes: which is a right pain having to pay in.

Pete

What jobs are you doing for £20? You want to put your prices up! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yeh I'm going to give that a go. I'll post back here after a few uses.

Screwfix have sold out and only getting some in within the next 10 -14 days. I have ordered mine from the apple store on line.

Andy

95% of my customers pay me in cash, I think they believe they get a better deal.

I am more than happy to take cheques or payments direct into my bank account.

I will never work for companies that want to make me wait 30 days or more for payment, will never understand why they have this system.

Some time ago I was contacted by a company wanting me to do an urgent job. Sent a load of bumph attached to email, and payment was stated as 30 bays from the last day of the month in which invoice received. Told them to fornicate off.

Told them to fornicate off.
Don't blame you.

I am mulling C & P myself as it is a very convenient way to move money and does away with the inevitable patting of pockets and head shaking when asking for your dollars.

It's the hefty 2.75 fee that puts me off that really starts to add up on larger jobs.Plus on huddle buy they sell them and every now and then they give a credit upto a certain amount free

It's the hefty 2.75 fee that puts me off

Ask first before you tell them 'how much'. If answer is CC/DC then put an extra 3%on (to cover yourself for the the extra %2.75 on the 2.75% if you see what I mean…

If any questions asked you can justify it by telling the truth, that is what you are charged by the card reader company. Its what I do.

mine is an Intuit reader, needs 3G signal to work OK though.

DH

Sponsored Links
Back