Christmas lights OUTSIDE – who are they for?

Sponsored Links
Totally different situation again.
Your not going to give up are you!!!!

Sponsored Links
so how many are raising money for charity not very many. I would suggest it is not very charitable to encourage people to p**s in other peoples front gardens.

So how many piss in other peoples front gardens, not very many.

Several in my area raise money for charities, and tend to be those who have lost a child.

Glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty syndrome, eh?
you're suggesting that people with christmas lights raise money for charity fair enough but the next half of the sentence.

I live in a small remote village with no street lights, (thank god!) and to see brightly coloured lights when you drive into the village is truly magical! There is nothing more welcoming on a dark winters night when the bitterly cold wind is blowing straight off the sea than to walk to the pub and appreciate the effort some people make to cheer things up. Sitting by a blazing log fire with a pint in your hand and with good people also helps a tad !!

At last someone with a bit of imagination and a love of people trying to show a bit of "Spirit".

Christmas lights are fine if done by people with a little bit of taste, a little bit of class, and a little bit of restraint.
But that is very rarely the case. So they're mostly tastless, classless tat, plastered on every available surface.

Who are Christmas lights for?

You could also ask...

What is a nicely manicured front lawn for?

Why has that bloke got a National flag outside his house?

Why has that house got magnificent hanging baskets?

Why has that person dedicated a lot of time to a front garden flower display.

There are people on this forum who need medical assistance to obtain a little intelligence and an imagination.

Every once in a while, especially those people who have children or an ounce of altruism, like to think about other people other than themselves.

So long as the lights are tasteful and not antisocial then why not.

I may not like christmas lights but in a town not far from us the council have told a couple to turn them off due to health and safety reasons!!!!!

I live in a small remote village with no street lights, (thank god!) and to see brightly coloured lights when you drive into the village is truly magical! There is nothing more welcoming on a dark winters night when the bitterly cold wind is blowing straight off the sea than to walk to the pub and appreciate the effort some people make to cheer things up. Sitting by a blazing log fire with a pint in your hand and with good people also helps a tad !!

You've confused me now with your last sentence, "with good people" ???? what the L are you doing on this forum!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You've confused me now with your last sentence, "with good people" ???? what the L are you doing on this forum!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You'll get the same in the Bear And Rugged. ;)

You'll get the same in the Bear And Rugged. ;)

I think i'll pass on that one, we're off out in a bit, Sizzlers i think its called over in Hanam, the food is above average on quality but not price. Hey who let Lennie Henry in. :p :p

Sponsored Links
Back