Christmas lights OUTSIDE – who are they for?

Sizzlers. Never heard of it. Let me know if it's any good. Had a ruby in Ashyana last night (opp. The Eastfield). Very good. Unlike the one in British Raj couple of months ago. Johnny Cash's 'Ring Of Fire' comes to mind! :eek:

Have a good 'un.

Sponsored Links
sooey said:
Christmas lights are fine if done by people with a little bit of taste, a little bit of class, and a little bit of restraint.

and

noseall said:
So long as the lights are tasteful --

But here's the problem. I know quite a few people who think they have a monopoly on 'good taste' but the reality is that nobody does. One man's artistic display is another man's pretentious tat. :confused: :confused: :confused:

One man's artistic display is another man's pretentious tat. :confused: :confused: :confused:
And your point is..... :confused:

Are you saying that folks who display Christmas decorations should not be allowed to do so because some people may be offended or find them tasteless?

Should the same ridiculous restrictions be placed upon the arts, music, car paint, tents, radio, television, alcohol, drugs, fashion, external house finishes, blah, blah, blah.

However, i agree that there is an area of middle ground that the majority of folk would say is "acceptable" and anything beyond is over the top.

So, wind yer neck in and accept that there are lights and that no amount of whinging will change it.

As for the crass over the top ones - just look away or deal with it.

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
Are you saying that folks who display Christmas decorations should not be allowed to do so because some people may be offended or find them tasteless?

Not at all. On the contrary, it's the ones who think they know what is or isn't 'good taste' who need a dose of tolerance.

I woke up last night approx 4 am and peeped outside and seen that some of the neighbours had left their outside lights on!

I woke up last night approx 4 am and peeped outside and seen that some of the neighbours had left their outside lights on!
The money spent on these carbuncles would be better spent buying contraceptives for people in the Third World and Wolverhampton.

Back