Cigarette smoking coming in from next door neighbour

If you are having carpets fitted it may well have been fortuitous to discover this problem now as if you are getting smells coming up from under the floor you will also get dirt, which over time will discolour the edges of your carpet & be really annoying on any light colour. Get some decorators caulking or expanding foam ( depending how big the gap between the skirting & floorboards is ) and seal around anywhere you are going to lay carpet.

Sponsored Links
But one study has claimed that living in some cities in the UK is akin to passively smoking over 150 cigarettes.

Northampton tops the table, where living in the East Midlands town is equal to smoking 189 cigarettes a year for residents - such is the impact it’s having on their health. Nottingham is the second worst place, according to the figures crunched by HouseFresh, with locals there passively smoking 181 cigarettes a year. Bristol is third with the equivalent of 163 cigarettes a year, followed by Southampton, and Hull making the top five worst places in the UK.

@theMirror.co.uk

I choose to smoke but i do not choose to inhale the fumes from your noisy, smelly, dangerous vehicles.
Ban them.

If you are having carpets fitted it may well have been fortuitous to discover this problem now as if you are getting smells coming up from under the floor you will also get dirt, which over time will discolour the edges of your carpet & be really annoying on any light colour. Get some decorators caulking or expanding foam ( depending how big the gap between the skirting & floorboards is ) and seal around anywhere you are going to lay carpet.
Thank you, do you mean the gaps between the skirting and floorboards? The gap isn't huge to be honest so I think I will apply caulk all around. I'm pretty sure that's where it's coming from in that area. I'm just a little worried what we'll uncover when we take all of the laminate off. I hope the smells won't be coming through the floorboards. We sanded the original ones downstairs and not draught comes through on them so hopefully these will be the same.

Sponsored Links
Back