circuit ofthe cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi: Guy needs a socket at the end of his kitchen for a fridge. real wooden floors in the bedroom above, nearest socket is on the other side of the cooker and walls are tiled. the nearest power point is the cooker switch. I know you are aloud to "step down" but can you do it from the cooker switch for a socket for a fridge

os

Sponsored Links
Would it be clasified the same as a combined switch/socket ??

Thought about that, I was just thinking about having the socket behind the fridge and isolator near the cooker switch with no flex visable

Sponsored Links
I dare say you could get such an arrangement to comply with BS7671 if you are careful and think it through but its likely to be a bit of a 'kludge' and I wouldn't consider it best practice

Its an odd one when you consider you can spur of a house ring and supply a socket and light in a garage or a 10 socket ring you can have 10 spurs all perfectly above board but this is the first time Ive ever looked at a socket from the cooker circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back