City & Guilds NVQ 6189-11 Level 2 Plumbing & heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to do this before i can get onto the gas safe course at a local college. Does anyone know what the practical tasks are that they assess you on, on-site? Ive searched online but cannot find much in depth info on this.

Reason i ask is there are a couple of plumbers i know who i could work with but im not sure if their work will cover everything that this course needs assessing on site.

Sponsored Links
CC/CCCs.................Pffffftttt!!???

My understanding was that you required a 'Portfolio' of work that had been undertaken over so many hours?? But hey, that could well have changed to get you chancers ACS with as limited experience as possible!!

I thought you were already out there ridding your area of all the other over charging rip off cowboys whilst it turns out your just an unqualified DIYer.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
rotfl.gif

Sponsored Links
Do you honestly think that you have the mental capacity or intellect to learn what these fellas on here know? You just seem to be jumping from pillar to post - a bit of pipesweating here and there, maybe do a half hour course on plastering, maybe do a bit of tiling without properly researching it.

How many books have you read? How much theory have you tried to get your head round?

No offence Naz, but I don't think you currently cut the mustard old boy.

The proper NVQ 2 course is intended to be taken by people on an apprenticeship over about 3-4 years!

Not as a six week fast track course based on completing eight practical tasks.

My understanding is that there are very few colleges now offering the full NVQ and only offer the Technical Certificate which does not require extensive practical work assessment.

Consequently employers do not look upon the Tech Cert as any serious evidence of capability.

But then you apparently only intend to rid Coventry of rip off cowboys! Although your bathroom refurb quote was higher than even the cowboys were charging!

To coin a Dirty Harry phrase - "A man's got to know his limitations".

Do you honestly think that you have the mental capacity or intellect to learn what these fellas on here know? You just seem to be jumping from pillar to post - a bit of pipesweating here and there, maybe do a half hour course on plastering, maybe do a bit of tiling without properly researching it.

How many books have you read? How much theory have you tried to get your head round?

What happened to your helpful post last night with a link to c&g and the "guffawing in the background" posters you referred too?
"Guffawing" sticks in my mind and it was definately you who wrote it.
You seem to have joined the "guffawing" brigade.
Why the sudden change of tune?

What happened to your helpful post last night with a link to c&g and the "guffawing in the background" posters you referred too?
"Guffawing" sticks in my mind and it was definately you who wrote it.
You seem to have joined the "guffawing" brigade.
Why the sudden change of tune?
Twas late and I'd misread the title - thought he'd referred to the 6129 and not the 6189. :oops: Whilst searching his post history to determine what course he had actually completed I began to read him in a different light.

As you know, I gave up the "dream" of CC/CCC, but even now I keep my hand in and read sections from Treloar as well as some boiler error diagnosis guides emailed to me by a couple of pals on here out of curiousity. Seems to me that Naz can't even be bothered to do this, and he wants to do it for a living :rolleyes:

A couple of weeks ago I asked on here if any of you RGI's would be able/willing to sort out a Landlord Certificate for our HMO house in London. In the end we had to go with BG since there were no offers on here, and the bloke who visited (who has an LPG ticket which one of the hobs uses) pointed out several things that needs correcting - such as easily accessible isolation valves behind adjacent drawers rather than at ground level behind kick boards, proper ventilation etc. Bit of a pity that the RGI who installed the hobs last year and gave us our ticket didn't mention the AR and NCS things at the time, but that's life.

We're not balking at the cost, if the jobs need doing they need doing. What it does indicate is the amount of knowledge that you RGI's have (this bloke from BG was the real deal!), and which clearly takes a lot of experience, training and sheer hard graft. I think that some people, and I'm inclined to include the op in this, are totally unaware of what it takes. Hence my doubts as to his ability and real motives.

Anyway, brown nosing over for the night, you bunch of to$$ers ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back