city & guilds nvq2??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just thinking about training to become a plumber, and have come across a training establishment and its saying "in 2012 all plumbers wishing to work in the construction/site will be required to hold a city & guilds NVQ2 in plumbing to operate" does that mean you couldnt do domestic work for someone without the nvq2?? im a bit confused to what that actually means as ive not seen it on the other training being offered, sorry for the long winded story.

Sponsored Links
cheers for quick response, i thought best to question it because unsure of how long course takes exactly, then there would be the stampede this time next year :D

that is the minimum i would expect you to have if you work in my house how can anyone have the cheek to advertise as a plumber when all they have done is a back door course.

Nvq 2 & 3 city & guilds is the only way forward. an these micky mouse technical tickets count. because thats all you will have if you pay 6k to one of these fast track training centers

they advertise city & guilds qualifications but there only poxy tickets an not worth the paper there written on mate

hope this helps.

ps why a plumber?

Sponsored Links
Qualifications or not, you can buy a van, write plumber on the side of it, and undertake all domestic wet plumbing. No gas or unvented of course.

too many ti*s already doing this job, to be self employed plumber an earn money you need years of experience.

makes perfect sense, ps a plumber.... to be honest iv been a driving instructor for the last 10 years and im 31 at the moment, looking for a new trade in the construction industry (plumbing or plastering) as ive bought a few houses and sold them on and really do enjoy getting grubby. so figured a new qualification would be the next step :D

Seen my old gaffer today 25 yrs approx in the trade self employed . Only doing 2 days a week it is that slow, and he is good!

Might be an idea to look at something else that no one is doing! :D

Qualifications or not, you can buy a van, write plumber on the side of it, and undertake all domestic wet plumbing. No gas or unvented of course.
thats all ive being seeing mate, but the second a customer asks me my background, im buggered :D going to to go the level 2 route i think, just to play safe.

**************** Incorrect information
However, you can pay £6K+ and be a CC course cowboy or CCC career change chancer. Then you'll spend the next few months sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring.

As an employer, we only employ time-served Plumbers.

Edit...............Mod, can you please explain why you think this is incorrect information??
Thank you

What a great retort Kev!!........,And a step to the..right, let's do the time warp again!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back