Cleaning a heating system + Magnaclean or spirovent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm about to have my bathroom redone and thought I should take the opportunity to have a plumber look at the quite old, never (touch wood) problematic but much neglected boiler and heating system.

It hasn't been serviced in years so will be getting that done but my query relates to cleaning.

A couple of years ago I was getting some cold spots in 2 double radiators so took them off, added some cleaner, ran it through then gave them a rinse through. It removed the spots but Im guessing they're still full of rubbish.

I've spoken with a couple of plumbers who have suggested anything from a £350 powerflush to replacing the radiators or fitting a magnaclean type device (altho forum posts here seem to suggest spirovent is better bet.

Im, as always looking for an effective but economical solution. If it needs the works so be it but wondered which would give the biggest impact for my £.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steven

Sponsored Links
Any form of filter is better than nothing.

When I used Spirovents (dirt separator) years ago, they were expensive but looked very durable (all brass). At the moment I tend to fit Magnacleans. They do the business and are worth their weight in gold.

Personally I don't believe in power flushing. But that's just me.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back