Climate: The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The climate has always changed throughout history, so what's new about glaciers melting, sea-ice, and loss of the ice shelf? LOOK AT THE ACTUAL DATA, the wider view.
No need to shout, i can hear you just fine.
You should know evidence of industrial activity has been found in ice cores going back to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution before you go much further...

Sponsored Links
So, you have little faith in (some) scientists, then how about the evidence of your own eyes? Look at the graphs, and just think how much money can be made by certain individuals and companies, by causing a climate panic.
I have little faith in individuals, I have faith in the scientific method. Which shows massive and overwhelming evidence of global warming and that it's man made.

Which 'graphs' are you thinking of?

The climate has always changed throughout history, so what's new about glaciers melting, sea-ice, and loss of the ice shelf? LOOK AT THE ACTUAL DATA, the wider view.
Rate of change.

If you leave a house with the heating off it'll change temperature over the course of a day and the average will change over a year.

Set fire to the house and the temperature change is much faster. Or for a less extreme example, turn on the heating system.

To get the rates of change that were seeing you historically need thousands of years or super volcanos. Now we're managing it in decades.

Sponsored Links
What is new is the rate of change.

The actual data shows a far more rapid change since industrialisation

Edit: apols to IT Minion, just noticed you stated this in post #108

I see Berty3000 has disappeared…..despite his account saying he was viewing this thread 20 mins ago

This is the danger: these people post these false claims but do a runner when it starts getting scrutinised.

I wonder if Berty3000 I supports the reform party

Which shows massive and overwhelming evidence of global warming

That, I agree with...

of global warming and that it's man made.

but not that.

Which 'graphs' are you thinking of?

The commonly available graphs, which show the larger picture of the earth's climate variations - view a tiny section, and it does show rapid heating, take a broader view, and it shows it as perfectly normal variation in global temperatures.

but not that.
So, when over 99% of peer reviewed papers, over 88,000 of them, say that human made climate change is a thing, you just don't believe it?

"We conclude with high statistical confidence that the scientific consensus on human-caused contemporary climate change—expressed as a proportion of the total publications—exceeds 99% in the peer reviewed scientific literature."

So, when over 99% of peer reviewed papers, over 88,000 of them, say that human made climate change is a thing, you just don't believe it?

No, I do believe in climate change, just not for the reasons they claim it is due to. The claimed cause, doesn't fit the effect, therefore making changes to the assumed cause, will not help the planet.

That, I agree with...

but not that.

The commonly available graphs, which show the larger picture of the earth's climate variations - view a tiny section, and it does show rapid heating, take a broader view, and it shows it as perfectly normal variation in global temperatures.
That doesn't work. Over the last 100 years...

But that conceals how dramatic the temperature change is compared to long term changes.

Find an actual graph and we can discuss it, but the rate of change in the last century and this one have been nothing like 'normal variations ' or normal rates of change.

Find an actual graph and we can discuss it, but the rate of change in the last century and this one have been nothing like 'normal variations ' or normal rates of change.

I don't wish to discuss it, my mind is made up and I have better, more worthwhile things to do..

I don't wish to discuss it, my mind is made up and I have better, more worthwhile things to do..
Good for you, because I don't think you know what you're talking about here. It is easier to not think about it though.

I gave you a second link for a thousand years, that's the one that shows the absurdity of the recent temperature changes. But again, it's easier for you to not think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back