1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold from Damaged plasterboard wall corner

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by Alex elephant, 8 Dec 2019.

1. Alex elephant

Alex elephant

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys
    We recently removed l skirting board for a new laminate floor, I have yet to add new skirting but I have noticed draughts coming from the chipped plasterboard on wall corners, in some places exposing the metal mesh underneath, please note picture b

what’s the best way to try and insulate the cold air that’s coming out and also for me to try and fix the plasterboard myself if possible

thank you guys!!

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. plastic_peanut

plastic_peanut

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not sure there would be much you could do, there doesn’t appear to be any large holes to block up.

I would just ensure the skirting is fixed firmly in place and the gaps caulked. Use filler for any remaining plaster damage that may be visible.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local