cold radiators...exept one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've come home tonight to a cold house, all the radiators are cold except one which is in the same room airing cupboard / hot water tank. Hot water from the taps is still boiling. It was working fine this morning. if i open the airing cupboard, the pump is red hot to even touch...is that right?? it's making a noise every so often...does sound like its struggling but not sure. a few weeks ago it was quite noisy but this seemed to have stopped? any ideas?? I've read about opening up vent plug above pump..is this recommened? In one DIY book it says...slacken nipple in flow pipe from pump?? any ideas

Sponsored Links
if its that hot turn off and allow to cool b4 openning bleed screw on pump

Yes, turn off let it cool down, then vent pump. Make sure you have towels handy to catch the water that spills out of the venting screw. When you start it up again touch the pipe on the pump outlet to confirm that the pump is actually drawing hot water away from the boiler.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back