Combi boiler connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently my combi is correctly switch fused, however I have a wifi thermostat which needs a 13A socket. currently this is plugged in the other side of the room and I have a long wire going to the boilers eBus.

I would like to tidy things up and would prefer a 13A socket next to the wired fuse by the boiler.

from research I can't find a 2 gang box with one fused switch and 13A socket. from what I can tell though basically all I'm after is an cooker switch with a 13A socket. is there any reason why I couldn't use one of these in the above scenario?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
or should I just run the spur into a new 13A and leave the fuse switched as is?

Sponsored Links
it's a Vaillant ecoTec, but the Vaillant Wave thermostat has a separate wifi transmitter that needs a 13A socket

it's a Vaillant ecoTec, but the Vaillant Wave thermostat has a separate wifi transmitter that needs a 13A socket
What plugs into the socket?

If it's not a wall-wart power supply then why not cut off the plug and wire it into the existing FCU?

from what I can tell though basically all I'm after is an cooker switch with a 13A socket. is there any reason why I couldn't use one of these in the above scenario?
What are you expecting a cooker switch with a socket to provide that a normal socket doesn't?

Search for Dual Box
Dual boxes cannot always be used - many accessories these days are too big.

And even when you can get both of them in, they usually look naff.

Better to have two single boxes with a space between them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back