Combi drill not drilling into brick

you dont need to drill the full 50mm likely to be a 38mm plug so 43 max
can you not go for another brick or the cement lines

You're right. The plug is much shorter about 38mm. Would the cement be much easier? Its unlikely I could match up the four holes to cement, I could of course get two done that way.

Sponsored Links
Drilling into the mortar would be a lot easier, but you may find it hard to get a plug to stay in it.

Your brick may simply be too hard for a combi drill to handle.

The drill appears to be fully charged. I'm just thinking has that something to do with it? It looks like its working at full pelt. The instruction manual English is a bit dodgy. I plugged in the battery charger, inserted the battery it went to a red light. When I checked half an hour later the light was green. The manual mentions it making bleeps when its charged but it doesn't its just a solid green light.

Sponsored Links
The drill appears to be fully charged. I'm just thinking has that something to do with it? It looks like its working at full pelt. The instruction manual English is a bit dodgy. I plugged in the battery charger, inserted the battery it went to a red light. When I checked half an hour later the light was green. The manual mentions it making bleeps when its charged but it doesn't its just a solid green light.
did you get it from a reputable source as theres some fakes about :eek:

Screwfix. It certainly looks bona fide.

What is the charge time recommendation from empty to full or first charge?

I would put it on charge for a good few hours and then try again. A drill like this should make better progress than you obtained.

screwfix are fine just surprized there are some mistakes in the manual

I would put it on charge for a good few hours and then try again. A drill like this should make better progress than you obtained.

Twenty two mins. Its the makita lxt bhp453 combi and I agree I should definitely be getting a better result than I am. I'm sure that certain types of brick can be harder than normal but surely when a drill is sold to be able to drill through cement/ brick then that's what it should be able to do?

screwfix are fine just surprized there are some mistakes in the manual

Don't get me wrong, its not mistakes as such, just that the English translation is a little odd in places and isn't completely clear.

For heavens sake folks! If the drill bit is turning then it's not the bloody drill is it? Those bricks are very hard. Best bet is Bosch blue bits or SDS. Stop being so think.

I'll go back over the manual tomorrow regarding the charger but the drill appears to be fully charged to me. I have no experience of what speed etc it should operate at to compare but its certainly feels like its giving it the beans.

Twenty two mins. Its the makita lxt bhp453 combi and I agree I should definitely be getting a better result than I am. I'm sure that certain types of brick can be harder than normal but surely when a drill is sold to be able to drill through cement/ brick then that's what it should be able to do?

22 mins :eek: That's bloody quick.

Are you putting a bit of pressure on the drill when drilling?

Put a bit of weight behind the drill and push against it with one hand against the back of the drill.

For heavens sake folks! If the drill bit is turning then it's not the bloody drill is it? Those bricks are very hard. Best bet is Bosch blue bits or SDS. Stop being so think.

Here we go.....the voice of reason and all knowing. What bricks are they Mr 90?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back