Combined T&P relief valve

Thanks for the link. Most helpful.

Inox plate heat exchangers! (S.05) No technical sheets available. :(
Does anyone have any experience of these particular heat exchangers?

Sponsored Links
Don't have any exp in the one your listing but have a look at Stokvis,their plates truely are the biz.

Thanks.
A bare plate in a frame that can have plates added or removed.
Looks the business alright. Cheers.

Just received a very detailed quotation from Stokvis.
The plate size is 774mm tall x 180mm wide with 27 plates.
The maker is SWEP.

Yeah it the business alright. So is the price. :(
£725 exc VAT. Thats half the price of the boiler itself!
I'm going to have a look at a Delaval plate Hx cooler for milk in the morning.
Its a local guy who sells them and I might try one of these as they are half the price.
Does anyone know where I could obtain plate dies to stamp my own plates?
I have a 200 ton press and could soon modify it to accept the appropiate pressing dies.
All I need then are the nitrile butadiene gaskets. :D

Sponsored Links
I'm suprised by the price of the delaval considering what their intended use is.

Stokvis aren't cheap but are awesome in quality and performance.the only other company I can think of worth a shout might be hrs.

Antarres plate exc , are the type were plate's can be added ect , if it help's ????

Sourced a heat exchanger today. Been trying to post on sf but it seems to be down.
Anyways I was considering diying a shell and tube but changed my mind and ordered a Grade 2 foam insulated copper cylinder today.
It is 350mm x 500mm and has domes top/bottom with two high output finned coils with a combined 1.8 sq/m heat transfer area.
Connections are top/bottom and coil connections on one side.
At £280 plus VAT its a lot more sensible than the phe and the company is local. Happy Days. :D

Hello ivorycelt and welcome to the forum. However, the post you have replied to is over 9 months old. The project was probably finished some time ago

There is an amusing posting early on in this thread!

Thanks for the advice transam but remain confident the controller will take care of any over heat situation and the t&p valve as a secondary safety device.

The designers of the Titanic were confident that it could never sink!

Caleiffi make a valve for designed for the purpose of what the OP wants to do....
http://www.caleffi.com/en_IT/Technical_brochures/01058/01058.pdf

...and shows the arrangement for sealed and vented systems.

Both inlet and outlet ports open simontaneously thus avoiding a pressure build up and the serious consequences outlined by onetap that might arise using a t@p valve.

Caleiffi make a valve for designed for the purpose of what the OP wants to do....
http://www.caleffi.com/en_IT/Technical_brochures/01058/01058.pdf

...and shows the arrangement for sealed and vented systems.

Both inlet and outlet ports open simontaneously thus avoiding a pressure build up and the serious consequences outlined by onetap that might arise using a t@p valve.

Interesting, but it would contravene the UK water regulations, unless the mains feed was through a reduced pressure zone valve, ISTR. Cost yer, Guv. :eek:

Solid fuel boilers tend to have lots of gunge in them and I wouldn't bet on the chances of the valve reseating after operating.

Could the valve be supplied from the f&e cistern?
A low head height might not acheive an adequate flow!

Interesting, but it would contravene the UK water regulations

No it wouldn't! Under 45 kw a type CA device with pressure regulation is acceptable. Fluid category 3.
SCWS is becoming more popular and a few UK companies are releasing sealed domestic boiler/stove versions this year afaik.

Caleffi wrote
In the case of operation with an open vessel system, the entire system is charged directly through the pipe connected to the vessel.

They show the filling group on the open vented schematic but this must mean connections 4 and 3 remain unused unless you wanted to combine it with a quench coil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back