Combined T&P relief valve

You seem to have your mind set on what you want to do so why ask for advise if you won't listen. Some good points have been raised.
Just do what you think right. Who gives a fk :!:
His neighbours might, god help them.

Sponsored Links
Why are you bothering to post on this forum then?

If you believe/know what the op is suggesting is dangerous then although commendable you shouldn't be so snotty about it. He is more likely to take note of what you have to say if you are civil.

Also, don't start bragging about what quals you may/may not have it just makes you seem like a total fat head.

Good point, why do I bother? I shouldn't.

I was civil, Tripty; the nearest I came to being rude was when I said he didn't know what he was doing, which is the painful truth; X-factor again. I'm sure Nordio would have something to say if I were to propose making, ahem, innovative amendments to my car's brakes.

The qualifications were mentioned when Nordio compared my opinion with "some drunk down the pub". I was trying to make the point that I do know a little about this subject.

What is your opinion about a solid fuel boiler with no open vent?

At the end of the day as the OP is not Heatas he cannot self certify the work so to remain leagal his LABC would have to come and inspect the instaqllation which I suspect WOULD NEVER PASS on safety grounds!! :eek:

I would strongly advise that the O.P take's notice of Onetap's , posting's , I for one have learnt , from his posting , reference the wood pellet burning boiler's , & log burning boiler's ect ect !!!! in relation to overheat situation's !!!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice transam but remain confident the controller will take care of any over heat situation and the t&p valve as a secondary safety device.

It won't be far away from this layout.........

The flue is finished today. The flue outlet on the boiler is 160mm square so had to fabricate an adaptor from that to 145mm circular.
Just need some 600c stove paint to finish it. :D

The flue outlet on the boiler is 160mm square so had to fabricate an adaptor from that to 145mm circular.

What you have done is make the flue 35% smaller. Good start :rolleyes:

The flue outlet on the boiler is 160mm square so had to fabricate an adaptor from that to 145mm circular.

What you have done is make the flue 35% smaller. Good start :rolleyes:
The 160mm is outside measurements. The plating is 6mm.
Thought you didn't give a feck?

So assuming the 145 is internal size still 25% smaller.

Thought you didn't give a f**k?

I don't. It just popped up in front of me so i answered.

Keep up the good work.

I don't see the vent and cold feed to solid fuel boiler.......
Where the heatsink radiator, If all the zone valves shut, where would the heat from solid fuel boiler go? Bypass would not do.

What about power cut? No control over boiler.

The cold feed is there. Trust me. Just not on the drawing.
No vent. T&P is the vent.

No vent. T&P is the vent.

:eek:

No no. The vent from the solid fuel boiler must be open and go to a feed + expan cistern with no valve or anything in way. If the boiler overheat, the valve will open and let off steam. :rolleyes:

I do not agree with the system you are doing.

Goodbye. :rolleyes:

Where are the vents on these boilers?

That's for the Czech Republic &/or Slovakia. It's not allowed under UK law to have a sealed system with a domestic solid fuel boiler. This doesn't seem to concern you.

Are the 3 things at top-left zone valves? Where does the flow go when there's no demand from any zone? Where does 30kW of heat go when the sun comes out and your 40kW boiler is connected to a 10 kW load? You can shut an air damper, but it doesn't switch off instantly.

You will get flow from the wood boiler flowing through the oil boiler and vice versa when theoil boiler return temperature exceeds the set-point of the Termovar valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back