Combustion Chamber split / New boiler?

In the event of a fault requiring a replacement boiler then I would always show the problem to the customer.

I am suspicious of this engineer when it is not a very common fault at all.

Tony

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
True, you can do them much quicker than that. (y)

OP - ive never seen a greenstar junior that couldn't be repaired. Id be contacting WB fo a fixed price repair if i were you. That boiler should last much longer than 8 years.
It'll take an hour to get the First Aid Kit out the van & attend to the many lacerations!! Maybe a two hour round trip to A&E?

Replace the WB, you know it makes sense.

Hello

We had our boiler serviced yesterday and basically the engineer said the combustion chamber is split and he recommends replacing the boiler which is 8 years old. I didn't think to ask if the combustion chamber could be repaired but I guess as the boiler is quite old now it would be why he suggested replacement.

I have sourced a like for like boiler after speaking to Worcester, is it cheaper to buy it and have it fitted separately or does it generally work out more expensive this way? I have sourced one for £980.00

Thankyou

Sarah

Cowboy alert, no reason these models shouldn't do 20 years. I have plenty on the books going back to 2004, a few have rippled heat exchangers but it's no big issue. Post a copy of the warning notice.

If he's already isolated the appliance from the gas supply and made safe I would suggest removing the cover and sending us a pic

Sponsored Links
Ive had pinholed sumps corrode the bottom of the airbox and the usual flue seal leaks but never to rot through. Suspect we will never know

Don't sound like a good engineer to me get hold of WB and if hes trying it on report him and get his arse hung out to dry.Bob

show your engineer the door and tell him to get on his horse , do what Stadan20 has said and take some pics of the inside of boiler and the warning notice he has given you , wonder where the products of combustion is coming from :whistle: ???

GET IT REPAIRED ;)

Hey op , even if your boiler is knackered don't go for a vokera or intershite , go for another Worcester , just look on which (y) que comments :p

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back