Coming off a water meter and going back on standard rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Depending on who I speak to I get a different explanation.

If circumstances within a property change, for example, there are two seperate sets of people living in the same property. Let's say an annex situation.

The council tax is seperately banded. There are two energy meters.

How easy is it to get water split as well? On what grounds could the water supplier argue against coming off the meter ?

Sponsored Links
Splitting the supply is easy enough, provided you pay whatever the water supplier charges for it.

You will not get a new supply without a water meter, and if you already have a meter, you won't be able to get rid of it.
Even if you have no meter now, it's fairly likely you will be getting one in the future, whether you like it or not.

On what grounds could the water supplier argue against coming off the meter ?
In London and some other areas the law allows compulsory metering of water. There is no argument.

as far as i know any change off bill payer or alteration is water meter fitted that includes new supply

How does it work in an HMO/bedsit where there are multiple tenants ?

Why would a secondary water supply be necessary if the tenant is temporary? A second supply may not be wanted long term .

Sponsored Links
Mutually agree to split the water bill?
Where I live, on a rural retirement park home site, the water is metered initially (the park owner being the customer) & then the charges are split between 160 homes, with each home paying on a monthly basis reviewed annually +/-according to whether said charge covers the cost.

When I rented out a house the waterboard changed it over to a meter. I just got a letter saying it had been done. I remember being a bit annoyed that they had dug a hole in my front garden without my permission. Kinda feels like your house has become a pay as you go phone...

feels like your house has become a pay as you go phone...
Weird innit. When we moved into our house and started paying the mortgage, we expected the gas, water, electric and tele to be free.
Ho hum.

Weird innit. When we moved into our house and started paying the mortgage, we expected the gas, water, electric and tele to be free.
Ho hum.

I tried to get mum n dad to move in with me and pay the bills but it wasnt happening:p

Sponsored Links
Back