Comments please on the roof top workmanship

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm no expert of roofing, far from it infact, so can somebody please advise if this is correct as looks so amateurish! Thanks in advance :)

upload_2020-4-15_20-57-55.png
upload_2020-4-15_20-58-35.png

Sponsored Links
I’m not one to slate others work and I’m not a roofer, but it doesn’t look the best.

Sponsored Links
page 35

Attachments

• Guide-to-Rolled-Lead.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 376
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Lead apron should be underneath the tiles.
It needs weathering over two courses of tiles. If he went under then protection would stop at the first batten he hits.

The job is not the prettiest but its essential.

He could of simply used a roof sealant to finish off around the dry ridge tile , maybe perhaps patterned out the lead a bit more but everything else looks ok. Just a very scruffy finish.

Just a very scruffy finish.
It's not the easiest to deal with due to the fragile cuts and the way the cuts sit at the top of the GRP valleys. What he has done is correct in terms of weathering. There is no easy way of saddling the valley junction whilst dressing neatly over fragile tiles. We always dress our lead away from the junction on a dedicated mock-up so that we damage sacrificial tiles rather than the real thing.

The lead saddle should go over the ridge tile as shown on the guide to rolled lead detail .

under ridge and under tiles draining onto the grp. It is trickier using the dry valley but not impossible. I think klober recommend using wakaflex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back