commissioning

M

martineire

On commissioning an oil boiler in a newly built house whos job is to balance out the heating system the plumbers or the boiler service engineer who is commissioning the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Bit of a grey area, if I'm asked to commission an oil boiler, thats all I do is set up the boiler. The system installer in my world is responsible for setting up the system. Slight lack of communication going on here.

I'm an OFTEC Engineer, when called to Commission an Appliance, we follow Oftec CD/11 Commissioning Sheet, No requirement to Balance System on Oil Boiler Commissioning - Talk to the Installer ;)

The RGI has to put his name under the sheet to confirm that it was all done to spec, so if the system is not balanced, he would have to correct that to get the flow and return at the required values.
The problem in cases like this, is that the system is build by a bunch of cheap clowns that don't know what they are doing, hence the RGI is likely to have to do a lot more than just connect the gaspipe and fill out the form. He doesn't get a lot for doing that anyway, so will probably not be very enthusiastic to do extra work unless he gets normal rate pay for it. Chances of that happening are pretty slim as the hole job is aimed at doing it as cheap as possible.

Sponsored Links
I'd love to be in that house when he fired the boiler connected to a GAS SUPPLY :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously Bengasman in The OIL world, it is common for an OFTEC installer who holds OFT105E certification to use a Boiler Service Company with OFTEC OFT101 to Commission the Boiler and this is acceptible

the Commissioning Engineer must see a completed CD10 (installation Certificate B4 starting work, or where none, the LABC Building control document covering the installation)

Still the installers job to Balance it up though!! ;)

Seriously Bengasman in The OIL world, it is common for an OFTEC installer who holds OFT105E certification to use a Boiler Service Company with OFTEC OFT101 to Commission the Boiler and this is acceptible
So...., so,....... you mean oil is not a form of gas? :oops:

different set of rules/guidelines cover the installation & commission of an oil boiler. You can commission after installer if the paperwork is correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back