completion certificate from building control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

what do I need to have to hand when the above takes place and should I be mindful of any particular aspects of the extension given that all prior inspections have been passed?

Sponsored Links
not sure quite what you mean are you talking about the final inspection, if so nothing really.

yes. What does the final inspection comprise of?
Knowing some of our inspectors, it will consist of checking that your extension has walls and a roof. Oh, and windows that have escape openings. That's all they can check, really, as everything will have been plastered over.

Sponsored Links
What about gas safe and electricity certificates? Is it also compulsory to have trickle vents on the windows? I assumed that there are a series of things that are checked as part of this...

Yes, they will want copies of certificates; they will check windows are double glazed (were they FENSA installed?). Not compulsory to have trickle vents in the windows, but there is a requirement for some background ventilation eg via an air brick.

all though gas safe and electrical installations should be registered direct with BC via Gas Safe and the electricians registration scheme

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back